Hi, at the minute I've got a Marshall DSL401, and it sounds ok but I think the speaker is a bit crap after trying it through a 4x12 with greenbacks. I am looking at eventually getting a JMP50 head but for the moment would just be using the DSL with a 2x12 cabinet.

What are some well made guitar cabinets? (Hopefully that have greenbacks in them as stock) I'd rather not pay loads for a Marshall one but don't want to end up with something of bad build quality.

And second, when I uprgrade to a 50 watt head, will 2 greenbacks be enough wattage? Haven't really got the space for a 4x12.

Thanks in advance!
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
Celestion Greenbacks are rated at 25W so two of them will handle 50W.

Have you tried V30's? I have a DSL40C and I just replaced the stock combo speaker with V30 and it sounds awesome.

Depending on your budget you could just get the 2x12 made the way you want it. It will be useful whether you have the 50W head or the combo....can't always use a 412 so the flexibility of both will pay off.

Avatar had em on ebay for $250...on their site more like $399.

You can also look for a used 212 empty cab $100 or so and see if anyone has the greenbacks used in your area...
Jackson: DKMG w/Zakk Wylde EMGs
Fender: Fat Strat HSS
Epiphone: Les Paul Custom w/SD Pickups
Dean: Performer E Acoustic/Electric
Vox: DA5
Vox JamVox
Digitech: GNX4 Workstation
Digitech: EX-7 Distortion Factory
Boss DR-880
MAudio Bx5a Deluxe
Last edited by Dazzl1113 at Nov 26, 2013,
what's your budget? there aren't *that* many cabs with greenbacks really, you might either have to go custom-made or else get a cheap but decent plywood cab and retrofit greenbacks into it. Or other manufacturers' greenback-style speakers if you want to keep the cost down (e.g. eminence legend gb128 or tayden true brit or wgs green beret). Though if the celestion greenback was exactly the sound you wanted i'd go with that, the only one of those I've tried is the gb128, and while I really like it, it doesn't sound exactly the same as a greenback, either.

^ he seems to be in the UK according to his profile so avatar isn't really an option unfortunately.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Randall has a 2x12 cab with greenbacks.

Doesn't Zilla and Roadkill do custom cabs in the UK.

I have a GB128 and I agree with dave, not an exact G12m speaker (it has a better low-end IMO)
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
yeah it's a bit cleaner and maybe slightly more modern-sounding (probably tighter bass, as you said)

yeah there are custom options within the UK as you said, it depends on what he's willing to spend. I assumed that if the marshall was too dear that either of those wouldn't be much cheaper. roadkill might be a bit, sometimes they have deals on if you check their facebook page.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?