Hi fellow forumites,

Here's my band's latest prog rock song recorded in our family's farmhouse last summer. It has elements from pop to cinematic stuff, hopefully you'll like it. I'm happy to answer any questions and to get feedback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSV9aRr9qNc

That sounded really good. The production and levels were really smooth, there was a lot of variety and interesting parts in the song and skill level was phenomenal.

The only criticism I would give is no one except for the singer, and to a slightly lesser extent the drummer, looks comfortable in front of the camera. In fact everyone but those two are essentially ignoring it and smiling sheepishly.

The piano cam of just the hands was cool. But the moment it zooms out and you see everyone just sitting there on chairs/couches... Rock stars usually stand while performing yeah?

Sorry if I'm being too critical. In short the music was great, the performing needs some work. Also the bassist has a great shirt.
Pretty much everyone in the video shows a pretty extreme level of skill on their respective instrument... but I can't say I actually enjoyed the song that much. It dragged hard for me.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by moses132049
good shit dude. your singer reminds me of neal morse.
Thanks man! That's a great compliment, we love Neal's stuff.

Quote by Nitnatsnok
That sounded really good. The production and levels were really smooth, there was a lot of variety and interesting parts in the song and skill level was phenomenal.

The only criticism I would give is no one except for the singer, and to a slightly lesser extent the drummer, looks comfortable in front of the camera. In fact everyone but those two are essentially ignoring it and smiling sheepishly.

The piano cam of just the hands was cool. But the moment it zooms out and you see everyone just sitting there on chairs/couches... Rock stars usually stand while performing yeah?

Sorry if I'm being too critical. In short the music was great, the performing needs some work. Also the bassist has a great shirt.

Thanks for the feedback Nitnatsnok! I totally understand your criticism. We intentionally made the video to be more about home studio recording etc and not about performing. The music is what matters to us and the video is just a bonus but yes, we could be more lively so to speak. Thanks again!

Quote by ChemicalFire
Pretty much everyone in the video shows a pretty extreme level of skill on their respective instrument... but I can't say I actually enjoyed the song that much. It dragged hard for me.

Hi ChemicalFire! I know this kind of music isn't everybody's cup of tea but I really appreciate you taking the time. Keep on rocking!
Good playing guys, tight & clean and the singing was really good too, I'd like to hear a few covers from you guys, because the song it self didn't do anything for me, sorry. I did listen to the whole thing and there was a few parts I liked but other parts that were just useless filler. Not that I can do better technically, but many a good songs are often not too technical anyways. I'm still impressed all the same !
Quote by robbarrie
Good playing guys, tight & clean and the singing was really good too, I'd like to hear a few covers from you guys, because the song it self didn't do anything for me, sorry. I did listen to the whole thing and there was a few parts I liked but other parts that were just useless filler. Not that I can do better technically, but many a good songs are often not too technical anyways. I'm still impressed all the same !

Hi robbarrie, thanks for taking the time listening to it! I understand that the song needs to be played multiple times and still doesn't open up to everyone. And agreed, technicality isn't a way to make good music. It might serve a purpose here and there but simple stuff has most of the time better impcat on me too. Thanks for the feedback!