so i have a buckshot reverend that i tend to do a lot of rhythm with. ive been wondering if a compressor pedal would help thicken or blend chords better? anyone else have a single coil guitar that uses a compressor?
this is no help, but it really depends on what you mean by "thicken" and "blend". It might do. Some compressors colour your tone a bit (and can normally also be used to boost, which can also thicken your tone), and a compressor will even out the volume so might well make chords "blend" better.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I use an Alesis NanoCompressor with a telecaster, and the chords sound a bit better.
The lack of attack in particular makes them betterif you ask me, so you could just try lowering your tone and volume a bit and see if it gets better.
If it doesn't at all, you probably don't want a compressor.
If it does but it's not enough, ya do.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
The simple answer is yes, a compressor should work for what you desire. I play heavier rock, but I still use a Strat with Texas Specials as my main guitar, and I've been looking into getting a compressor myself to thicken my tone up just a tad when it's needed.

I recommend checking out some of the compressors on the market with blend knobs, which will allow you to mix the compressed signal in with your non-compressed signal. Check into the Xotic SP compressor, I've heard really great things about this from multiple reliable sources. It's around $120 new, IIRC. Guyatone makes a compressor with a blend switch that has high-med-low blend options, not a knob, but it has good reviews and is a cheaper option (around $80, IIRC). I forget the model name, but I know it's a green pedal.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Thicken your chords? No. Even them out across the entire performance? Definitely.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley