So I just got turned down for a grad program I really wanted to get into. The first three or four stages are all automated, so it doesn't really cost them anything to have loads of people apply, but I still got turned down at the first step. And I'm not one to make much of this, but I was actually really fucking well suited and qualified for the job.

Share experiences, make with dem feels.
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
Aw man that totally sucks. I am applying to grad schools right now and it's hard enough trying to sell yourself like some kind of meat that needs seasoning before it's chewed to hell.

Many of my friends didn't make it into any grad programs after applying to 10+ schools, and their grades and scores were all within the average range of current students in the programs. That being said, all of them are doing something they enjoy right now, and they took it as motivation to find a job that makes them feel good about themselves/the world.

Have you thought about applying for some kind of temp job that may help direct you towards a grad program? Maybe something through AmeriCorps?
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

This one time I didn't get a job at McDonalds
oh goodbye self-esteem
maybe we can catch up some other time
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Hydra150
This one time I didn't get a job at McDonalds
oh goodbye self-esteem
maybe we can catch up some other time

**** man, that's shit tough
that was ages ago
I was hardly tenacious, and I'm more employable these days
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Masquirina
*relentlessmotivationalguff.jpg*

daww, fanks bro
I don't know anything about grad schools or college so I can't help, but this should cheer you up!

In the meantime some fun things to do are read books, take a walk, sit on a bench, doodle-art, holiday volunteering, write a screenplay full of angry dialogue, painting, or knitting.
Quote by Hydra150
that was ages ago
I was hardly tenacious, and I'm more employable these days

I remember that thread.
I believe that everything that happens in life, good or bad, happens for a reason. If you don't believe any of that, then remind yourself that the past is the past, you can't change it and no amount of moping is going to help. Get back on the horse and try again, and again, and again.
Quote by Masquirina
I don't know anything about grad schools or college so I can't help, but this should cheer you up!

In the meantime some fun things to do are read books, take a walk, sit on a bench, doodle-art, holiday volunteering, write a screenplay full of angry dialogue, painting, or knitting.

you're a female?
Quote by macashmack
you're a female?

Currently job hunting out of college.

It sucks.

BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA