So I have a Traynor YCV40, i Love its Classic/Modern Crunch vibe, but although it has a boost channel for the drive it doesn't sound great with it on to my ears.

Need a solo boost…I have a few overdrives(sparkle drive, mojomojo, and Hardwire CM-2) and when using them as boosts they just add more gain(i mean this as distortion etc) instead of boosting the volume…have an eq pedal but that does the same thing with the crunch channel…just adds more gain to the distortion.

so recommendations…price range….300ish!(thats basically the max i would spend on a pedal and it'd have to be one badass pedal:P).
Take your overdrives that you have, crank the volume/level control, and roll back the gain knob all the way.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Put one in the amp's fx loop. If you have the drive/gain knob on the od pedal it will add volume rather than distortion (unless you are diming the amp's volume already.)
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Interesting, I never played my ycv40 without the boost on. It was pretty anemic without it, lol. If you need a volume boost, I use a graphic eq in the loop.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by AWACS
Take your overdrives that you have, crank the volume/level control, and roll back the gain knob all the way.

i did this with a MXR classic distortion and it sound ****ing raw on my ycv40, i also have a mxr 10 band in there which helps a lot because i can find this amp kinda of dark

idk what speaker you have in it but i put a celestion vintage 30 in mine and that helped immensely. JJ tubes work well in YCV40's too.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
ya i got JJs in there now, not sure on speaker…i'll have to look, its stock so i have no clue what that is in there. i'll play around with the overdrives some more.

if that don't work for me i might just get off my lazy arse and do the 50s wiring on my les paul so i can use the volume knob more etc.
yeah you just need a clean boost/eq in the loop, you don't need to spend tons of money, you're just doing it wrong
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?