Just seeing if any of you fine people out there would have a minute. Been playing for years and have always wanted a seven string, think im finally gonna do it. I wanted some suggestions in about the $500-$600 range. I was looking at a Schecter Damien Platinum 7 Seven String Electric Guitar w/ Active EMG's, it was about $500 was wondering what others with more experience with 7 strings might think.

Please hit me up with some guidance, it would be gretaly appreciated
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
have you played a schecter before? they're a little fat and heavy in my opinion. the soloist lemur posted is sexy, got me thinking about it haha.

An Agile might be a tempting choice but do your research first, they arent known for the best quality, hence the affordable price.

what kind of stuff do you plan to play on it?
(signature removed, please choose another)
If you want a Schecter don’t buy before they go on sale. Every December Schecter blows out much of the lineup at steep discounts. Watch all the music vendors!
Maybe look at buying an rg7321, 7421 or possibly 7621 if you can find it. The 7321 can be had for very cheap and then spend a hundred or so on pickups and your well below your budget.

As far as Agile guitars are I would not say they are not known for the best quality. Typically people around here rave about them. Granted you might have to do some fine tuning. I have owned 3 or 4 and they have not disappointed. I have heard that their 7 string guitars are very reliable. Then again that it what I have heard I have no experience with them.

OT: I am not a big fan of Schecter so I would steer you clear of them. I would look for a used Ibby if I were you.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Quote by bobafettacheese
OT: I am not a big fan of Schecter so I would steer you clear of them. I would look for a used Ibby if I were you.

Why? Can you quantify negative experiences with Schecter or do you just like skinny necks?
Quote by player o slayer

An Agile might be a tempting choice but do your research first, they arent known for the best quality, hence the affordable price.

Seriously? Their quality is far beyond their pricetag, which is why they're in the conversation. I've got three. But don't rely on my taste -- since you're looking at an Extended Range guitar, you might want to hop over to Sevenstring.org and see what the sentiment there is regarding Agile. That forum has been responsible for requesting several of the designs Agile now offers.

Schecter and Ibanez have also been great choices for sevens, as has Carvin.
Last edited by dspellman at Nov 27, 2013,
This^

The only agile I've ever owned came out with the best intonation I've seen on an electric guitar
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
just looking to play metal naturally, always liked the option of the low B. Thanks for the input, and those links. Gonna slow down and research some more I guess. Was wondering about the agiles, myself. You guys are the best, thanks again.
Looking on eBay, something like this would have been what I would have bought, had I still been into metal.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more