Anyone familiar with these?.....pros...cons....hi-lo values.....I'm a bass guy not a guitar guy but i'm looking at one for a xmas gift.....
I've seen them for as low as $550 and as high as $800. I would look at the Rectoverb if your wanting the single recto.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
I've seen them for as low as $550 and as high as $800. I would look at the Rectoverb if your wanting the single recto.
thanx for the reply...it's a used solo 50 that's available tho'..guys looking for around $700.....seems awfully cheap for mesa gear....or am i missing something?
It's a decent deal, but you can usually find a Tremoverb or 2 channel Dual Recto for ~$800, and both of those kill the Single IMO.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by motorcycleboy
thanx for the reply...it's a used solo 50 that's available tho'..guys looking for around $700.....seems awfully cheap for mesa gear....or am i missing something?

Used gear prices have taken a shit-kicking over the last few years. $700 is pretty fair.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I just ran into this thread the other day from a guy who just got a single rec and was comparing it to his 5150

http://www.guitarampboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9264

I couldn't choose. I love both of those sounds.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Quote by lemurflames
I couldn't choose. I love both of those sounds.
well the one he really wants is plexi reissue(or a real one).....but that's just more dough than i want to cough up right now......but it seems that better stuff is likely to appear in the price range i'm comfortable with so i think i'll pass on this one.....thanx a bunch guys....
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I just ran into this thread the other day from a guy who just got a single rec and was comparing it to his 5150

http://www.guitarampboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9264

Honestly, that's not that fair of a comparison... he's comparing the Single Recto head to the 5150 combo, which sounds much different than the head.

The Singles I've owned are no comparison to my 5150 as far as clarity and tightness is concerned. He mentions in the thread that the Single has to be boosted, and I'd agree there. That thing is super flabby without one.

Honestly, in any situation where a Recto is clearer than a 5150, there's probably something wrong with the 5150 My Roadster KILLS for huge sounding rhythms, but it definitely wouldn't be my first choice if I was going for note definition

Honestly, the tone's hes getting on those clips might depend more on the mic he's using, than the amps themselves. He's using a Heil PR30, which is a great cab mic... but is super tight, which likely makes the low end of that Recto sound much less boomy than it actually is, whereas it doesn't do much favors for the 5150, which is an already tight amp and clear amp. The PR30 also has an upper mid/high end bump, which most associate with "clarity," which likely evens out the darker Recto in this clip, while making the 5150 sound thinner and more harsh.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a decent deal, but you can usually find a Tremoverb or 2 channel Dual Recto for ~$800, and both of those kill the Single IMO.

$750 for the tremoverb i bought a month ago. Mint. I love it. I love the bottom end. K85's make it even sweeter than v30's

They are a little harder to find then dual rec.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Nov 27, 2013,
Pricing depends on your area. Over here $700 is a good price for a single recto in great condition. I like my single, less power and less tubes than the dual, but the dual is definitely the textbook rectifier sound.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by MatrixClaw
Honestly, that's not that fair of a comparison...

Oh, I wasn't trying to say it sounds better than your 5150 but you have to admit it had a nice deep 3D like sound. But yeah, if I had to use an SD-1 and a special mic to get a certain tightness then I might pass. Of course the Quick Rod has spoiled me
I am a bassist mainly too and have a Rectoverb (basically a single rectifier with reverb and only diode recitifcation mode). It's a fun amp, capable of a range of tones that you've heard on famous recordings, etc. I go for high gain modern metal tones and use a TS on the front end and an Eminence Governor cab or a Legend V12 cab and love it.

With all that said, it takes a little bit of time to learn how to dial in the head. When I first plugged in to mine I was dialing in all kinds of boomy/honky/piercing tones. Once you learn how to use it the level of detail is amazing though.
Last edited by cGoEcYk at Nov 27, 2013,