I have used this locally made les paul of mine for about 7 years now and i have just recently discovered how great pickups can change the output sound. (yeah i know. stupid -_-)

Unfortunately the "great" pickups are costing more than i could possibly afford so i went looking for affordable but "good" pickups. i already bought a Tesla VR-Extreme (neck) and was planning to buy the same pickup but for the bridge position.

Now i saw this EMG-Hz H4 and i liked the reviews about it. It would really cost more than i could do but since a got the tesla for a really low price i thought i could spend more for the other one. And i would really like the contrast appearance-wise between these two humbuckers i think it would be cool

The questions are:
1. would the sound turn okay if i turned both pickups on? (turn the switch to the middle i mean) or is there no possible way to know other than testing it for myself?
2. does what i'm planning even make sense? xD or should i stick to tesla pickups? if not im open for recommendations from the pros here (oh stop it you..)

i mainly do alternative rock, sometimes blues/rock but i like shreds when i do solos, not for the whole solo tho. thats the reason i bought the tesla. sorry for the tl;dr and advance thanks!
Given that they're both passive pickups, there should not be any problems with them working together. I can't say whether or not they would sound good together, but that's a matter of opinion anyway.
a lot of people don't much like EMG HZs

there are plenty of cheaper pickup manufacturers who get decent reviews (tonerider, irongear, entwistle etc.) but I haven't tried them.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?