I have an Epiphone Les Paul Standard, and recently got some Seymour Duncan Blackouts installed. My amp is a Peavey Studio Pro 112. I have a Boss DS-1 pedal as well. I'm just curious if the amp is versatile enough, and if not what I should get. I like mostly classic rock and metal, some modern rock as well. Thanks in advance.
I am assuming you upgraded the pickups and it didn't quite make the difference you were thinking it would?

I usually tell people to upgrade the amp first. Get that core tone nailed down first - then upgrade other things.

That said:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31052894&postcount=2
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Nov 27, 2013,
I think if you want to change your amp, you should go for a valve amp. There are many great deals in the market that will satisfy your necessities. Check black star HT series, Laney Iron heart and Cub, also Orange micro terror... etc
lets try this again. here is part of what you would have had if you clicked the link.

Budget? - What is practical for you and what is your limit?

Genres? - What style do you play mostly, fav guitarists, do you need cleans, etc?

New or Used? - Lots of great amps out there used, especially in a down economy.

Home or Gig? - Also important. Maybe you do both. Jamming with a drummer can be considered 'gigging' but you won't have a PA etc.

Closest City? - We aren't here to stalk you but we need to know where you are in the world roughly and we can help further if we know what city you are in (ie craigslist, local shops, Guitar Center used section, etc)

Current Gear? - Also good for us to know.

Paragraphs of information about yourself are nice but we really just need the answers to these 6 things.

(Contributed by 311ZOSOVHJH)
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1387138

the more you tell us the better we can help you.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I'd really love to hear how your search comes out. I also have an Epi LP Standard as one of my main guitars and I've been thinking about a pickup swap but hadn't done it yet. I did switch from a pretty bland solid state amp (Fender Princeton Chorus) to a hybrid Vox modeling amp last Saturday (Valvetronic AD50VT) and I've been really happy with the big difference it's made in my sound. Given the number of amps modeled (11) and the huge number of adjustments possible for each one, it will take a long time to fully explore what it can do, although the preset sounds for each amp model at least put you in a good starting place. It sounds like we've been working this journey along opposite paths, so I'm really interested to hear how your pickups + new amp works out.
I'm pretty sure I listed the gear in the post. I changed the pickups because they were priced incorrectly, so I had to do it! I said before I like to play classic rock, modern rock, and a little metal, but not much. I was just curious if the amp was versatile for home use, or if I should pick up something else. I have no problem with used, and I live in Phoenix. I was thinking maybe a Digitech RP90 multi effects pedal just to play around with at home to find a sound. I like the Peavey on clean, but I'm not sure it does distortion well. Like I said, just looking for opinions!