What i am looking for cheap cabinets. All i really care about them is that i want good speakers. Ideally K85's V30, T75, etc. No 70eighties, no eminence legends and no no-name speakers.

I am 5 cabs short for heads. Two heads are in my indoor shop.

They will sit in a studio so durability is not a big factor.

For example i bought a kustom cab for maybe $160-180 with t75s. Just need more. Just maybe some thing uncommon i wouldn't think of.

Thanks.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Whitebox unloaded (they make the Jet City American cabs), then get the speakers after
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Perhaps a harley benton vintage 2x12.
If you're in the US it might not be worth it. But I live in Australia, and it's still the cheapest cab one can get new with v30's.

Harley Benton is thomann's in house brand.
RIP Gooze

cats
Last edited by mulefish at Nov 27, 2013,
eminence legends are great, if you ask me No worries if you don't like them, of course, but if you ask me they're "good" speakers.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Harley Benton G212 Vintage or Jet City JCA24s/s+
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Dave_Mc
eminence legends are great, if you ask me No worries if you don't like them, of course, but if you ask me they're "good" speakers.

I concur.

Why are you looking for so many cabs?

Why not invest in a couple of high grade cabs, that sound great, instead of a bunch of low end stuff. Or are you going for an all out wall of doom

I'm my opinion, you just cant get the tone from a cheap ply cab that you can get from a higher grade cab like Orange, Mesa, or Marshall.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Just last day i opened my jet city cab to change the speaker back original for shits and giggles and at the same time made a mental note that its really well put together cab. Plywood is not void free but the build is sturdy and the tolex doesnt seem like it would start to skin itself alive if you just look at it wrong. For project cab i say they are very good for the price.

Problem is that its ugly as sin...

*edit* oh yeah, you wanted good stock speakers. Jca eminence speakers are not half bad but do not keep up with good celestions.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Nov 27, 2013,
Quote by Dave_Mc

+1, Soldano puts them in their expensive cabs. My 2x12 sounds huge. LOVE the Legends with many amps - My 5150 hasn't been plugged into anything else since I tried it there.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
^ yeah the v12s are my favourite speakers with my jet city. I also really like the gb128 and 1258 (for certain things, of course, but then that's true for most speakers).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ yeah the v12s are my favourite speakers with my jet city.
Agreed, I loved my JCA100H with a V12

Keep a lookout on Craigslist, you see Avatar 2x12's dip around $250 once in awhile. I've been completely satisfied with the one I have. Some Randall cabs came loaded with V30's or K100's and go pretty cheap, they're just heavy as hell.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Line 6 Vetta II 412 / Spider Valve 412 (V30s)
Randall XXL (V30xG12T75) are amazing if you can find them, usually same price as Line 6 (like $250/$300 ish).
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
i should have made myself a little more clear, i didn't mean to be an ass but i usually happen to be on these types of threads.

why do i need more? i have heads that i can't use and don't like moving speaker jacks and worry about if i forgot to switch one cable i could fry my OT. they don't need to be the best cabs, speakers matter more. some cabs i may sell as a shell with me gutting them.

i have had legends and didn't like them. i still have the pair i pulled out of a Randall 212x115 cab sitting somewhere. they just aren't to my ear but again i don't have a soldano (atm), although i have played them. they are great amps.

i am mainly looking for something with good speakers.

also i really thought the jet city speakers didn't sound that great. i only had the combo for a short time, but i loaded it up with something else (i have no idea what) and it breathed to life. but i sold it.

i am looking for good cabs cheap or even decent with good speakers. just see if i am missing any. i am already looking for genz benz, kustom (the one with celestions), line 6 spidervalve cab (V30), randall, peavey (withouot stock speakers), ampeg, etc.

i woudl love k100's i could always go greenback too. i would put out more if i could find one with greenbacks (used for other amps)

just looking for more ideas.

i am scouring CL for the right one. i did pick up my avatar for $150 though. two EVH celestions and two V30's with receipt from three days before, so i know they are new.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by red.guitar
I concur.

Why are you looking for so many cabs?

Why not invest in a couple of high grade cabs, that sound great
, instead of a bunch of low end stuff. Or are you going for an all out wall of doom

I'm my opinion, you just cant get the tone from a cheap ply cab that you can get from a higher grade cab like Orange, Mesa, or Marshall.

i have mesa, orange's, avatar, peavey and more cabs that are decent. several others.

not complete yet, i have a bunch of stuff at my other house. here is what i have here. i just need more to fill the other studio. it only has two cabs. need another or two.

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by Offworld92
Line 6 Vetta II 412 / Spider Valve 412 (V30s)
Randall XXL (V30xG12T75) are amazing if you can find them, usually same price as Line 6 (like $250/$300 ish).

that is what i am mainly looking for its that selection is a little tight around here. those cabs are my first choice. hell even a 1960a wouldn't be fine at a good deal.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by blything09

did you read any of my posts after the initial. i own an avatar cab. i know about them.

edit: i did click on the link. the empty 4x12" shipped is more expensive than a used orange or mesa if i could find them right.

i stated that. it was brought up. bring up a link with no other content is useless
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Nov 27, 2013,
Quote by trashedlostfdup
did you read any of my posts after the initial. i own an avatar cab. i know about them.

edit: i did click on the link. the empty 4x12" shipped is more expensive than a used orange or mesa if i could find them right.

i stated that. it was brought up. bring up a link with no other content is useless

Alright chill, my bad, you're not gonna find any cheap decent cabs unless you look on ebay/craigslist. Honestly in my opinion you don't need a cab for every head you own if you have a studio...

Epiphone Wilshire
Orange Rocker 30
Harley Benton 212 (w/Greenbacks)
Ernie Ball Vp jr
Swollen Pickle fuzz
Maxon OD808
Danelectro Vibe
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Line 6 Verbzilla
EH Memory Man Hazarai
Boss RC20XL

Last.fm
Check out my band haze
There is an Avatar cab on www.guitarcenter.com/usedgear with T100's for $299. If you like T75's the T100 is almost identical but handles more power.

Old Crate BV 4x12 cabs had V30's
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I don't think that the speakers Ampeg puts in their 4x12s are so terribly bad, that would be a good budget cab me-thinks.
Kind of off-topic, but trashedlostfdup, how is that VHT head thats in that picture of yours?
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Quote by blything09
Honestly in my opinion you don't need a cab for every head you own if you have a studio...

He has two studios, and you always need a cabinet for every head.

A couple extra wouldn't hurt either.
Quote by AWACS
Kind of off-topic, but trashedlostfdup, how is that VHT head thats in that picture of yours?

It's the Sig:X
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
He has two studios, and you always need a cabinet for every head.

A couple extra wouldn't hurt either.

I Disagree...

You can only record one head through one cab at a time, it just makes no sense to me imo. My band recorded at a fairly decent studio and the guy had literally 5/6 cabs max and around 10 diffferent heads...

Epiphone Wilshire
Orange Rocker 30
Harley Benton 212 (w/Greenbacks)
Ernie Ball Vp jr
Swollen Pickle fuzz
Maxon OD808
Danelectro Vibe
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Line 6 Verbzilla
EH Memory Man Hazarai
Boss RC20XL

Last.fm
Check out my band haze
Last edited by blything09 at Nov 28, 2013,
Unless you run two heads and cabs at the same time, Id say having a cab for every head is pointless.
Yes its probs annoying swapping the cables round all the time but im sure there's a pedal or something that you can swap heads to cabs with.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Ya'll are jelly!

+1

Don't be mad that Trashed has a music room with better amps than most stores/studios. He can afford it obviously
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate