Hey guys I got this guitar from my uncle two years ago for christmas, he'd used it t=10 years prior to that.

Now the issue I have right now is that I can't find the make of the guitar no matter where I look. Also I didn't really worry at first because it plays really well but since of late more and more people have been asking me about the make and where I got it from so if I could get any history on this guitar it would be a big help and a relief. Thank you

I have seen that headstock logo, but I cannot place it. The body shape is that of the Yamaha SBG (previously just SG) series, but it is thinner and has no body binding like the SBG1500, 2000 and 3000. It could be a Yamaha SBG knockoff, made by the same Japanese factory and sold under any one of a few dozen brand names.

It looks like a nice guitar, no matter who made it.

EDIT: Here is the Yamaha SBG2000:

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Last edited by FatalGear41 at Nov 27, 2013,
I hope I don't offend you (for all I know ur uncle might have died or something) but why dont u ask him?

Apart from that it looks like a custom build Yamaha SBG like the guy above me said

edit: http://www.jedistar.com/jedistar_vintage_guitar_dating_m.htm

that might help you find it.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Last edited by BjarnedeGraaf at Nov 27, 2013,
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
I hope I don't offend you (for all I know ur uncle might have died or something) but why dont u ask him?

Apart from that it looks like a custom build Yamaha SBG like the guy above me said

edit: http://www.jedistar.com/jedistar_vintage_guitar_dating_m.htm

that might help you find it.

haha no offence taken but he doesn't know the make either and I asked him how that could happen after owning it for 10 years! :P

And to the others the logo on the headstock still doesn't tally yea?
I love the feel of it and it's pretty versatile when it comes to sound and It's just a beautiful guitar to play! Thanks for the info though
I have seen that headstock logo, but I cannot place it.

Frustratingly, I'm in the same boat!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Frustratingly, I'm in the same boat!

Imagine how it is for me!
haha, hey by the way. My uncle gave it to me and theres a small chip missing. What's the best way to fill it?
Quote by Joshmv
Imagine how it is for me!
haha, hey by the way. My uncle gave it to me and theres a small chip missing. What's the best way to fill it?

It depends on where the chip is. A body ding can be filled with something like plastic wood filler and, if you want to go the distance, refinish the guitar. Most people don't worry about them, though. Hell; people are paying a small fortune to give their guitars the "relic" treatment. Yours got it the old-fashioned way. Just think of it as a battle scar. Chicks dig them.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
It depends on where the chip is. A body ding can be filled with something like plastic wood filler and, if you want to go the distance, refinish the guitar. Most people don't worry about them, though. Hell; people are paying a small fortune to give their guitars the "relic" treatment. Yours got it the old-fashioned way. Just think of it as a battle scar. Chicks dig them.

haha thanks!
Prefer to keep my baby unscathed
HEY guys! Found out what it is It''s an SG 35
That's 1974! The golden 'M' on the headstock was a sticker! Trying to return the small bits to stock on the guitar now Thanks for your help