I just finished recordings with this song and im pretty happy with the results. Its no-name-unfinished song and it has three parts. My ideas is that the first is verse, then pre-chorus and last is chorus. Im trying to improve my mixing skills so i'd like to specially hear what you guys think about that, but also comment for compose is welcome.

https://soundcloud.com/moyhiss/jentberger-uus-mixi

Some gear: Guitar is Ibanez rg321 w/dimarzio pickups and it goes straight to Focusrite 2i2 and i used Nick Crows 8505 amp sim for sounds. Bass is Wolf 5-string and it also goes straight to computer and here i used two track: one with Nick Crows amp simp and second one is pretty natural DI-sound with lowpass around 200hz. IR:s is from Kalthallen.

Drums are 100% Toontrack stuff. I used Superior Drummer,Metal Foundry and Metal Machine for this. Some serious EQ:in over there.

Theres also synthpad in the first part and that sound comes from Zebralette VSTi.
Damn that's a sick riff man. Really enjoyed that. The guitar tones are all really strong and solid. The mix itself sounds nicely polished. None of the instruments seem to competing for tonal space which keeps everything sounding clear. Nothing jumps out at me for sounding out of place. Would really like to hear it when it's finished.

Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=32127633
I like your musical ideas, some really cool panning being done here. The transition at 0:47 threw me in a good way, didn't see it coming, but it fits so well.

Mix-wise, there's a bit of improvement that can be done. You're at a great place as is, but I'd recommend first of all messing with your drum velocities. It's a bit too obvious that every hit has the same volume. Your toms in particular sound very papery to me, I would consider EQ sweeping to find a balance between desired presence and those nasty mids. While everything may be easy to pick out, I don't think the mix is quite yet "gelled" together.

Your rhythm tone isn't terrible, but I think you could benefit from experimenting with TSE plugins and Redwirez cab sims to get a more "purry"/well-rounded tone, if that's what you're after. The x50 in particular has a much more organic tone than most in-the-box amp sims, I've found.

Overall, I like the riffing! Note choice is pretty tasty as well, everything "fits" musically. Keep working on your mixing, I recommend The Systematic Guide to Mixing by Ermin Hamidovic if you can get your hands on it.

Cheers buddy, C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=32122077#post32122077
sounds great! particularly the metal section. i'm not a fan of the clean guitar tone in the first section, a more...ethereal tone with a bit less presence would have suited it better in my opinion, but it was clear so that's okay.

all the riffs are great too. really loved the first section, especially how the clean guitar hangs over the riff, despite the tone. the semitone bends in the rhythm guitars were getting sharper in the last part of the motif, seems like you did it on purpose but it bothers me.

the transition to the last part was ehh. with other instruments or vocals it would probably be better, but as it stands, i would work that out a little more. the tempo change is fine, that's not the problem.

promising ideas, they sound excellent already.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1618411
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by Weareclocks
I like your musical ideas, some really cool panning being done here. The transition at 0:47 threw me in a good way, didn't see it coming, but it fits so well.

Mix-wise, there's a bit of improvement that can be done. You're at a great place as is, but I'd recommend first of all messing with your drum velocities. It's a bit too obvious that every hit has the same volume. Your toms in particular sound very papery to me, I would consider EQ sweeping to find a balance between desired presence and those nasty mids. While everything may be easy to pick out, I don't think the mix is quite yet "gelled" together.

Your rhythm tone isn't terrible, but I think you could benefit from experimenting with TSE plugins and Redwirez cab sims to get a more "purry"/well-rounded tone, if that's what you're after. The x50 in particular has a much more organic tone than most in-the-box amp sims, I've found.

Overall, I like the riffing! Note choice is pretty tasty as well, everything "fits" musically. Keep working on your mixing, I recommend The Systematic Guide to Mixing by Ermin Hamidovic if you can get your hands on it.

Cheers buddy, C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=32122077#post32122077

I understard what you say about drums. I gotta work with some of those velocities. When making this kind of music i always want everything to be tight so maybe that is reason why it doesnt sound gelled? Maybe just increase room-mics and take some else down will make it work for you.

I think that my rythm sound is good. Im using mac so tse x50 ain't working but ive been using that with my other computer. I think its good sim but i find nick crow 8505 sounds far better with my gear.

Thanks for comment!
Hyvää settiä! Tiukkaa riffittelyä ja tykkäsin miten sait pannauksilla lisää ulottuvuutta muuten rapsakkaan settiin. Vähän pidempi ois toki voinut olla, mutta ymmärtäähän tuon toki kun "work-in-progress". Jotenkin tuli mieleen Periphery vaikken niiden tuotantoa oikeastaan tunnekaan. Jatka samaan malliin vaan!