So I have a dilemma in that I have owned for a while a mint condition 2005 Epi Les Paul Standard in Trans Amber which looks, feels and plays really good. I brought out of impulse a second hand mint condition 2011 Gibson Les Paul Studio in worn brown which also looks, feels and sounds really good. The problem is I now need to pay the credit card bill so one must go and I am really stuck. I don't know the full specification of the Epiphone which is part of my issue as I can't compare on paper as to see which one should be the better guitar as I am struggling to identify the variations.
What do you mean, 'the better' guitar?
Better sound? Better investment? Plays better?

I'd say keep the gibson. You know you want to.

Epi's are more common, easier to find, cheaper so easier to sell, less of an investment.

When it comes to playing that's up to you - which do YOU like better?
Return the Epi. If guitar center sold Agiles there would be no epiphone. At least the Gibson has resale value.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
You've got both guitars, why do you need a list of specs to compare the two? Can't you just sit down and play them? What were you expecting to see on a list of specs that would be more useful than actually playing each guitar? Clearly one is worth more than the other, and the rest is down to preference and economics.

There will be other guitars. They make them every single day. If you're making a bad financial decision here, back up and recover what you can to keep yourself out of trouble. Buying a guitar shouldn't be a moral dilemma. Unless you are earning a living with it, you should not be putting yourself in positions of financial hardship just for a new toy.
Quote by Roc8995
You've got both guitars, why do you need a list of specs to compare the two? Can't you just sit down and play them? What were you expecting to see on a list of specs that would be more useful than actually playing each guitar? Clearly one is worth more than the other, and the rest is down to preference and economics.

There will be other guitars. They make them every single day. If you're making a bad financial decision here, back up and recover what you can to keep yourself out of trouble. Buying a guitar shouldn't be a moral dilemma. Unless you are earning a living with it, you should not be putting yourself in positions of financial hardship just for a new toy.

truth be told. i never had debt in my life, i have used credit, but paid back without issue and never with any interest. life is more important than toys.

dump the epi. its always easier to pick up $200-$300 for another epi down the road, most cases it would be more difficult to fund a gibson if you are saving your money.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/