Anyone know anything about these amps? They seem full of features like 4 band tone controls, power output options, tube reverb, takes 6V6 or EL34 tubes. I've heard that it sounds like a cross between a matchless and a plexi, which sounds nice.

But I really can't find much info or demos. I can't even find for sure exactly what controls it has. Is there an output power control (and if so is it power scaling or just master volume or speaker attenuation), or is output power just determined by choice of tubes?

Would love some input or info because, on paper, it seems like a pretty sweet amp.
If you are into the micro amp thing, then Hayden is a solid choice. They are well-made and have a lot of great tones on tap. I just wish they would make bigger versions of their amps.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Sure, I listened to demos of the small amps and they sounded real quality, though perhaps a bit too classic rock for my liking.

But this beast is a big boy amp. Apparently it covers power ranges from 8 to 28 watts, though I'm not sure how.

Quality? From what I can tell from other Hayden products it will be. Worth the price tag of £800? I'm not sure. Does it give me the tone I'm after? Well that's a whole other matter. I've heard comparisons to an AC30 and if it's truly got variable power then it could be a winner.

But it's an hour and a half drive away, which is a trek just to try out an amp without having a good idea that it's the amp for you.
£800 sounds like quite a bit. andertons was blowing out a lot of the old hayden stuff a while back for pretty decent deals.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
£800 sounds like quite a bit. andertons was blowing out a lot of the old hayden stuff a while back for pretty decent deals.

That they were, and still have some good deals on the low-end stuff. I don't think this model was ever on their site, and have found a couple of discontinued listings on other sites listing it in the region of £1100-£1200.
yeah i don't think the speakeasy was in the deals.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?