It's a cool idea, I usually have a pick in my wallet anyways.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Video is amateurish, I didn't get any sound so I'll assume there is none. Ugliest Jag ever.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
I've only had one pick for the last three years, I ensure that I don't lose it by just putting it back on my desk when I'm done.

Oh, and if you carry a pick in your wallet then you're definitely a twat.

Edit: Also, your $200 and $500 pledge rewards are really bad.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Last edited by Todd Hart at Nov 27, 2013,
Not a bad idea, guess i could see myself giving it a try although it wouldn't change my life and i wouldn't spend anything significant. But your selling point shouldn't be that it fits any style. It works for anyone who uses a pick so that part's pretty much a no-brainer.

Anywho, best of luck in all your endeavours TS!
You seem to be forgetting the fact that pics don't give a rats ass about the laws of nature. They don't answer to God, they don't answer to you and they sure as hell can't be contained by recycled plastic.

Nice idea though.

Quote by Wormholes
If I donate a few bucks can I **** your girlfriend?

She was giving out freebies the last time a checked.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at Nov 27, 2013,
Quote by Todd Hart
Oh, and if you carry a pick in your wallet then you're definitely a twat.

Please explain yourself.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
Quote by Basti95
But your selling point shouldn't be that it fits any style. It works for anyone who uses a pick so that part's pretty much a no-brainer.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Why would it matter what style of music someone played?

Is someone going to be like "Aww man, although I do use a pick, I play jazz so I guess I'm out of luck..."

Also, I don't know if you can really call it the "Original Pick Holder", considering pick holders have been around forever.

Anyway, I do think it's a nifty little idea.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by Bertallica
Please explain yourself.

What possible reason do you have for doing so other than the chance every now and then, while demanding that your skinny latte with extra vegan-sprinkles be served in a recycled card cup, to have it slip out of your wallet with some money so you can explain 'yeah, I play guitar' in a deep and brooding way to the girl behind the till who you smile at creepily and always give your lame, self-assigned nickname to when she asks what name to put on the order?
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
If I use a slot in my wallet for this pick holder, where am I going to keep all my pictures of your wife?
I don't see the appeal, to be frank. How is this superior to just keeping picks in your wallet? If you're busking, you may as well attach them to your guitar somehow.

Also, a similar product already exists

Quote by Todd Hart
What possible reason do you have for doing so other than the chance every now and then, while demanding that your skinny latte with extra vegan-sprinkles be served in a recycled card cup, to have it slip out of your wallet with some money so you can explain 'yeah, I play guitar' in a deep and brooding way to the girl behind the till who you smile at creepily and always give your lame, self-assigned nickname to when she asks what name to put on the order?

Maybe it's just a convenient place to keep them, rather than having a dedicated container.
Also, you seem upset and I'm not sure why.
Last edited by sashki at Nov 27, 2013,
I know your selling point is 'fits any style of play', but does it fit any style or pick? Like, could it fit 3mm picks (which is what I use)? What about non-traditional shapes (like sharkfins)?
Your video sucks dick like holy shit dude that wasn't captivating at all, you've literally gone and taken photos and used windows movie maker stock text effects on it. It looks cheap. Not cheap in an endearing way but in a noticeable one.

Also its kinda clear this is a solo venture or just low on funds but quite honestly your stretch goals suck (this is why kick starters for games are the best ok they have their shit TIGHT) and don't appeal yo me nor the six guitar playing friends I just hit up.

Also a point of note is how you brand it as "the busker" generally implies that's its usage yeah, to help when BUSKING. At that point you could argue I'm always going to have my guitar on me yeah?
Why would I choose your product over having picks stored in my case or other storage mechanism OR using the even more convenient product for a busking situation like the dunlop one so I don't have to **** around with my wallet for? http://www.jimdunlop.com/product/dunlop-pickholder

There's my criticisms
Quote by Baby Joel
What about non-traditional shapes (like sharkfins)?

Nobody actually uses those lame picks, so it doesn't matter.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by sashki

Maybe it's just a convenient place to keep them

If you're a nobhead who jumps at the chance to play everytime you see a guitar when you're out
Quote by Todd Hart

Because you play guitar a lot, have a lot of friends that play guitar, and it's easier to just keep them in a wallet pocket then loose around your room.

CALM DOWN, BUDDY.
It's a process, not an event.
Quote by willT08
If you're a nobhead who jumps at the chance to play everytime you see a guitar when you're out

why you heff to be mad

For the record, I keep my picks in the otherwise useless tiny front pocket on my jeans. I've never lost them because I always put them back in the same place.
dude, one comment,

putting people in a thankyou section in your website is not good enough for a $500 pledge. all you're doing is editing your site and pasting their name. offer something real and physical, don't cheap out. they're giving you $500.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
What about people without wallets? What are they supposed to do? Just carry a handful of picks? Pick holder forsooth.
I don't really understand why you need financial backing for a product that looks like it takes 10 minutes and a couple of quid to make. Just start selling and make them to demand, then if that takes off you can go big.

EDIT: having read through I see what you're wanting. Even so, I'd just make a first run of the less durable ones to order, and then use that to fund the second stage. I don't think you really need backers.

Also as someone said above, the $250 and $500 backing things are just plain terrible. It shouldn't cost 25x more just to get your name in a list on a website. That costs you almost literally nothing. You need to make them a lot more impressive or bring down those prices considerably.
Last edited by MadClownDisease at Nov 28, 2013,
Quote by Todd Hart

You never got layed that way? I take it it didn't work for you then.