What do you think are the reasons to choose one over the other?

And since you're already here, any suggestion on what to get in particular?

Wait I forgot one thing - I'm on the cheap, like possibly not a lot more than €100 cheap.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Last edited by Spambot_2 at Nov 27, 2013,
I use an EHX Worm. I chose that because it has a timed on/off pattern, whereas the Micro Q I tried originally reacted more to what you played and made the wah effect full on with every note. For me the Worm works better, but I think it's a preference thing between that & EHX's Q pedals.

I chose a filter pedal over a normal wah pedal simply because when I had a multi effect pedal with built in wah, I never got the hang of controlling it with my feet. Probably stupidly simple once you've got the hang of it, but I never felt it worked for me.

EDIT: dspellman's post just reminded me of another thing I prefered about the Worm over my old Micro Q... It has a switch to go between auto wah and manual. You can buy an expression pedal to use with the manual option, but if you don't have anything plugged in it gives the always on parked wah effect he mentioned, you can't do that with the Micro Q
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Last edited by GaryBillington at Nov 27, 2013,
One of each.

Honestly, this is a great reason to buy a multi-effect pedal, such as the Pod HD. By the time you spend $150 each for these pedals, you're most of the way to a new (or used) HD500.

In addition to standard wah effects, I like a "parked wah" midrange boost sound for some solos -- cuts through the mix nicely. I actually have a Chandler Tone-X on a push-pull built into two of my guitars. 16 dB fixed boost, and you sweep the mids to find where you like it set.
I find that when I use a wah pedal, I'm letting my playing decide how to use my wah, but when I use an envelope, it changes how I play my guitar. It definitely takes a while to get the feel for it, and it really makes your dynamics (or lack thereof) apparent.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
I find that when I use a wah pedal, I'm letting my playing decide how to use my wah, but when I use an envelope, it changes how I play my guitar. It definitely takes a while to get the feel for it, and it really makes your dynamics (or lack thereof) apparent.

dead on.

i don't don't have a Envelope filter atm (and low on the priority list).

wah is so natural after you mess with a wah for a while and get used to it (5 minutes) it is really second nature.

i love my fulltone clyde. it sounds good, built bulletproof, and it is engineered to have a longer sweep than i think any wah (or up top the list anyways. $80-$95 around there is what i paid it was a long time ago, but it was a hell of a deal.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/