So right now I am using a fender mustang 1. Its a good amp, but id like to upgrade.
I hear good things about tube amps, but I here they can be hard to fix if they break. Can someone fill me in on tube amps?
And what is the best amp I could get for 300$ NEW? I play rock and roll, punk rock, and even country. I would probably want a 12 inch speaker, my mustang only has a 8 inch.
So I want a really good rock sound, yet be able to get a really clean country sound also, that I would be able to use at small performances. I would also like someone to fill me in on tube amps and If I should get one. so what would you reccomend? I don't want to spend more than 300$ new or 200$ used.
Spend the $300 used. Get a used Peavey Valveking and be done with it.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
if your forced into that budget , the answer is save up because it wont be much better or better at all over your mustang. If you can swing 300$ on a used amp then it opens the valveking to you which is a great amp and at the end of the day may be the last amp you ever buy if your just a bedroom rocker