Page 1 of 5
The Steam Christmas Autumn Sale is upon us again, so get recommending bargains!

Skyrim is on at £3.49, as is The Witcher 2 - Directors Cut.

Both cracking games, so get buying!

EDIT: Also, feel free to share SteamIDs with your fellow UGers!

Mine's MetacarpiUG
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Last edited by metacarpi at Nov 27, 2013,
Damn its already happening?

SKYRIM IS $8 ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME I PAYED LIKE $20 FOR THAT SHIT
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Nov 27, 2013,
Caught me by surprise as well, logged on and boom, my wallet started crying!
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Skyrim 8 dollars you say?

Might finally get the PC version, I say.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Yep, thank god for all the holiday pay I'm getting tomorrow. Hoping to get brave new world for civ 5
Sail upon the open skies
It kinda says 'Autumn sale' in huge writing...
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Payed $30 for Skyrim last winter and still haven't had time to play it in any depth, damn.
Picked up Rise Of The Triad for a couple of friends in this one, it's like £5.00/$5.00

It's the Autumn sale, but there will be a Christmas one, I'm sure of it!

Edit: Fisheth24

Edit: Personal picks for this one

1) Skyrim, huge game tons of mods, pretty good to sink time into if you've got a lot of free time.

2) Rise Of The Triad, great game. It's a throwback to Doom/Quake/Unreal Tournament and you can play as a dog. Pretty good single player, Multiplayer is active but it's kinda hard to find games unless you're in on a Saturday and are part of the forums. Comes with Mod tools though!

3) Terraria, pretty awesome.

4) Unreal Deal Pack. All the Unreal games, tons of fun, tons of Gibs, a classic

5) Antichamber, don't want to spoil it. If you like Portal/Qube you'll love it.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Last edited by Fisheth24 at Nov 27, 2013,
It's the autumn sale. The Christmas sale starts on December 17 or 19 or something. I forget which. The dates are leaked so just google it
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by Todd Hart
It kinda says 'Autumn sale' in huge writing...

Well **** that shit. This can run on til the Xmas one starts then.

Damn, 2 sales so close?
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Two sales back to back.

My body says yes, but my wallet is screaming no
Sail upon the open skies
I just picked up Space Marine and a bunch of DLC's for about $20.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
I just picked up Space Marine and a bunch of DLC's for about $20.

Commiserations.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Gahhhh trying to twist the wife's arm to stick £20 in though if I twist much more it might break

Steam ID: slash_gnr666

May just get Skyrim (if I get the money) and then try and stick another £20 in for the X-Mas sale or just save it all up for the Summer sale next year
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Kind of tempted by Space Hulk, but I play the tabletop version, and it's still a little bit too much for the computer version for me - especially considering I've only heard average at best things about it
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Just downloaded Skyrim. Gonna play it when I get back from my mom's.

My bank account curses at you, metcarpi.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by Todd Hart
Commiserations.

I really like 40k. I can deal with it if the game isn't that good.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by eGraham
Just downloaded Skyrim. Gonna play it when I get back from my mom's.

My bank account curses at you, metcarpi.

Who's this metcarpi imposter?
Quote by GLP_Arclite

shit

Well I guess there's no editing out now
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Is Skyrim the Legendary edition or just the standard version?
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24

Legendary edition is £10.19
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

Quote by Fisheth24

Regular is £3.49, Legendary is £10.19

EDIT: damn your ninja skills!
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Ah ok, I already own the standard edition, thanks guys!
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
At life was saying that buying the Legendary edition is still cheaper than buying the DLC seperatly
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi

£3.49 is 4.20€ and I payed 7.49€ for it. I've been bamboozled
Quote by metacarpi

Quote by lambofgod127

Quote by Fisheth24
Picked up Rise Of The Triad for a couple of friends in this one, it's like £5.00/$5.00

2) Rise Of The Triad, great game. It's a throwback to Doom/Quake/Unreal Tournament and you can play as a dog. Pretty good single player, Multiplayer is active but it's kinda hard to find games unless you're in on a Saturday and are part of the forums. Comes with Mod tools though!

I'm seriously thinking you were pressed at gunpoint to write this, or you have literally no idea about the game, I actually feel sorry for both your wallet and your friends.

Quote by sashki
Is Rise of the Triad good? I've heard mixed reviews. Some say it's very badly optimised, but that might've been fixed.

Ok ok ok ok ok before you buy RotT here is the BEST advice I can give anyone EVER this sale.

DO NOT BUY RISE OF THE TRIAD EVER
Here's the deal: I've played FPS games over literally anything else barring Morrowind since 2003. I like to think I know my shit.

It is an extremely poor, overhyped game which 1. Successfully played on nostalgia to secure my preorder and 2. I uninstalled after playing for at least 2 hours with each patch, including v1.2

The game has shitty optimisation, I get FPS stutter and drops even on my HD7850. It's not as bad now but you need some serious hardware to run it (my mates GTX770 couldnt run it on release) The dev team have shown to be nice personalities over twitter but are either understaffed or underskilled as a small studio has failed to do RotT justice.

In singleplayer the AI is extremely poor, even on extreme levels of difficulty. The thing is the AI is the only thing that exists to promote a sense of challenge and accomplishment because gun mechanics are lasers like the games it tries to evoke (not necessarily a bad thing but then they needed to compensate somewhere else and they haven't done it) and really isn't as enjoyable as say, Doom or even single player versions of Quake.

Multiplayer is quite honestly the worst experience and I want to cut my eyes out, theres no point elaborating. Hardly any servers either because the game upon release was so shit and it took like 3 weeks for them to push a basic patch out that didnt fix anything anyway. It makes absolutely terrible games like Blacklight Retribution look good, even to someone like me who's witnessed BLR go to shit since November last year. Its also imbalanced as **** (sure, the game is already but they cocked this up even more) and so once you build up the stack you've lost basically. Fun, skill based and rewarding multiplayer can be found for free at quakelive.com or in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.

Even at 5 dollars, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. **** yo Counter Strike: Global Offensive is literally $2 more and can provide SO MUCH MORE in terms of content, rewarding gameplay, balance, quality and a regular update scheme. This is honestly one of the worst purchases you can make, ever.
Quote by Spaztikko
I'm seriously thinking you were pressed at gunpoint to write this, or you have literally no idea about the game, I actually feel sorry for both your wallet and your friends.

Ok ok ok ok ok before you buy RotT here is the BEST advice I can give anyone EVER this sale.

DO NOT BUY RISE OF THE TRIAD EVER
Here's the deal: I've played FPS games over literally anything else barring Morrowind since 2003. I like to think I know my shit.

It is an extremely poor, overhyped game which 1. Successfully played on nostalgia to secure my preorder and 2. I uninstalled after playing for at least 2 hours with each patch, including v1.2

The game has shitty optimisation, I get FPS stutter and drops even on my HD7850. It's not as bad now but you need some serious hardware to run it (my mates GTX770 couldnt run it on release) The dev team have shown to be nice personalities over twitter but are either understaffed or underskilled as a small studio has failed to do RotT justice.

In singleplayer the AI is extremely poor, even on extreme levels of difficulty. The thing is the AI is the only thing that exists to promote a sense of challenge and accomplishment because gun mechanics are lasers like the games it tries to evoke (not necessarily a bad thing but then they needed to compensate somewhere else and they haven't done it) and really isn't as enjoyable as say, Doom or even single player versions of Quake.

Multiplayer is quite honestly the worst experience and I want to cut my eyes out, theres no point elaborating. Hardly any servers either because the game upon release was so shit and it took like 3 weeks for them to push a basic patch out that didnt fix anything anyway. It makes absolutely terrible games like Blacklight Retribution look good, even to someone like me who's witnessed BLR go to shit since November last year. Its also imbalanced as **** (sure, the game is already but they cocked this up even more) and so once you build up the stack you've lost basically. Fun, skill based and rewarding multiplayer can be found for free at quakelive.com or in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.

Even at 5 dollars, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. **** yo Counter Strike: Global Offensive is literally $2 more and can provide SO MUCH MORE in terms of content, rewarding gameplay, balance, quality and a regular update scheme. This is honestly one of the worst purchases you can make, ever.

You've obviously not been playing the same game as me then

I've never had any issues with it, but then again I bought it after patch 1.1 hit, it's been fine... I mean the only problems I've had were FPS issues on specific parts of the game however. (I think somewhere in E2, but I just finished the SP lately... Was in Hospital so I never got a chance to play it at launch

The community however have been playing the MP on weekends, seemed to go pretty smoothly except from Text to speech crashing a server. Not sure what the stuff about hardwares about, I've not heard anything and I'm pretty active in the community.

My rig isn't brilliant either, using a Phenom X4 840 and a 6850. Nothing to brilliant, so I dunno. Maybe you've heard something I haven't.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Last edited by Fisheth24 at Nov 27, 2013,
Ok the single player is probably mildly tolerable now but the MP is just something I won't touch ever again.

I can kinda tell within 20 minutes if I like a game's multiplayer and then explain why and every time I keep coming back to how I like competition, CS's defuse gamemode and mechanics are the best team based mode imo and why I feel TDM is the most useless mode in existence (Because DM is to practise your aim and warm up for more competitive gamemodes, why would you do it with half the people to kill when it wont improve gamesense that much either way hmu hmu hmu).

I'm glad at least you and the probably <30 odd people in the regular community enjoy it though.
To be fair, the modes in the MP are kinda limited, there's only DM and CTF and nobody plays the latter though.

We've got a few more than 30 I think, but you're right the awful launch (from what I heard) didn't help it though. Heard it was essentially a mess, but I've had no problems since I bought it, only a couple but that was my own fault for putting custom maps in the wrong folder.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Fuark this sale ends on the 2nd and I get payed the 3rd. Looks like I'm gonna have to wait out till the second sale
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by angusfan16
Fuark this sale ends on the 2nd and I get payed the 3rd. Looks like I'm gonna have to wait out till the second sale

I thought it ended on the third?
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
27th - 3rd
Quote by lambofgod127

Quote by Fisheth24
I thought it ended on the third?

Second, third, fifth, twentieth I can't remember the dates, but I know I get payed the day after the sale ends
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by metacarpi
Kind of tempted by Space Hulk, but I play the tabletop version, and it's still a little bit too much for the computer version for me - especially considering I've only heard average at best things about it

The tabletop version is great, but I have only heard terrible things about the PC game.

Gotta love the Warhammer 40,000 universe (I've been playing for many years)!

I will definitely be getting Skyrim for PC... Finally. Thanks for sharing, TS.
Guitars:
ESP Eclipse II w/ SD Black Winters
Ibanez S540 w/ DiMarzios
Ibanez RG370DX w/ EMG 81/60
Ibanez RG7321 w/ DiMarzios
Pedals:
Fulltone FB-3
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Amps:
Peavey 6505+
Page 1 of 5