Hey,

I am looking for examples of delay used just like in the song "bite the bullet" by Yngwie Malmsteen - this is kinda echo following the passage played by the Yngwie. Gives the impression of two guitars playing the same part. I think it is very cool.

The section starts at 1:26 of the clip and goes till 1:31
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE3AZE2BQUI

Particularly looking for delayed tapping - something to pratctice and play.

Thanks in advance for Your suggestions.
Last edited by SupersonicJacka at Nov 28, 2013,
Are you looking for songs with that sound? Or how to get the sound?

The sound is basically a delay set with a high ms (1000+) and dry/wet control 50%, with high feedback.

So on a regular delay pedal, just max all the knobs and you'll have something like it
Quote by Br0c00ler
Are you looking for songs with that sound? Or how to get the sound?

The sound is basically a delay set with a high ms (1000+) and dry/wet control 50%, with high feedback.

So on a regular delay pedal, just max all the knobs and you'll have something like it

Hey,

glad You ask. I know - more or less - how to set up this kinda delay, just asking for other songs with that sound, preferably instrumentals with tapping parts but not only - to pratcice. I find it rather unusual, though its the best use of delay in my opinion.
Quote by xHellbound
It sounds more like they panned the tapping lick to one side, copy and paste to the other side, and time shifted it. Pretty sure it's called "slapback."

According to the tab, its trills or legato, not tapping (apart from the single note)

|16tr19---18tr21-|---------------------------------------------|--------------------------------|
|----------------------|17tr18-15tr17-13h15-t17-15p13-|-12h13p12------12--------|
|----------------------|---------------------------------------------|-----------------14------13--|
|----------------------|---------------------------------------------|--------------------------------|
|----------------------|---------------------------------------------|--------------------------------|
http://www.guitaretab.com/y/yngwie-malmsteen/121188.html

Or the guy who tabbed it was wrong... Sounds like tapping, but maybe its an illusion because of speed and delay.

As for Black Sabbath - I've noticed You are big fan - maybe You can submit a decent tab for "disturbing the priest"?
Quote by SupersonicJacka
As for Black Sabbath - I've noticed You are big fan - maybe You can submit a decent tab for "disturbing the priest"?

"Intro Tab (ver 2)" is pretty much the whole song. I don't keep any of my guitars in D tuning, so I never get to jam any Born Again tracks.

This is the only change I would make. There's one live video, and it looks like Tony is playing the harmonics only on the 12th fret.

|--[12]-------------------[12]---------|
|--------[12]-------[12]---------------|
|--------------------------------------|
|--------------8----------------10-----|
|--------------6-----------------8-----|
|--------------------------------------|

This is the part before and after the chorus. Just slide up and down with lots of delay.

|------------------|
|------------------|
|------------------|
|------------------|
|--7/10----12\7----|
|------------------|