I've been looking around at amps here and there on places like Guitar Center and Musicians Friend and have seriously been thinking about picking up another 5W tube amp for dicking around the house with.

I used to have a Valve Jr that I loved, only cause I modded the hell out of it, but since they dont make them anymore they are pretty hard to find. So I've been looking at the Bugera V5 instead. I like the features but dont know much else about them. I've also been looking into building a 5E1 clone, but Im concerned that it may be too loud for bedroom levels. From what I've read, a V5 with new tubes and possibly a new speaker are pretty decent little amps, but Tweed Champs are pretty much classics.

So for a small watt tube combo for playing blues around the house, which would you prefer?

(Im sure this could end up being one of those, 6 of one 1/2 dozen of the other kind of things, but any help would be great.)
Just get another VJ? They're dirt cheap on the secondhand market and they're easier to find than you think. If you live near any major city, chances are there will be at least one or two floating around on Craigslist/Kijiji/Gumtree/etc.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
I've checked Craigslist in my area and only saw 1 posted several weeks ago. There are 2 at local Guitar Centers but one has a mod done already and they are asking for $160 for it and the other is $100 an hour and a half away from me. I haven no idea what Kijiji and Gumtree are though. Guess I'll check them out?
I didn't know where you were located, so I just suggested the 3 major used sites for the US, Canada (Kijiji), and the UK (Gumtree).
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by OffandOnRocker
Ah, ok. Im in the US, down around Dallas to be exact.

here is the site i got my 18w parts/turretbpard/chassis for my 18w they are really good and have good customer service.

ist more expensive, but there is a relatively cheap 5f1 champ, great quality, better than anything parts you would find in epi VJ.

http://turretboards.com/
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/