I just found out that my bass sounds way better through my guitar amp (Peavey ValveKing 212) than through my bass amp (Warwick Take 12). Actually the valveking even sounds better for bass than for guitar and that got me thinking of adding some lower frequencies by a cab underneath the combo.

So, can I plug an 8 ohm 15" bass cab rated for 300W to the amp which provides only 100W, while running the internal speakers in parallel to the cab, which are also rated at 8 ohms?

I can change the amp output between 4, 8 and 16 ohms, if that's of any help.

Don't know if this would belong under guitar or bass so I figured I'd put it in the pit. I'm also not seriously doing this, not yet at least.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
Don't you could blow an Output transformer. That's an expensive fix.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
If in doubt, never use a bass with a guitar amp.
Quote by Fisheth24
Don't you could blow an Output transformer. That's an expensive fix.

Not before you destroy all of your speakers.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
if theyre both rated for 8 ohm in parralel then youd have to put it to 4 ohms for proper ohmage
and you want your speaker wattage to be more than the amp wattage for the most part

you shouldnt damge your amp by doing this if youre careful
jus tbe careful with your guitar speaker if anything use only the bass cab at low volumes
Last edited by supersac at Nov 27, 2013,
Yeah man using guitar amps is better than bass amps for your bass especially if your bass has 6 strings then its basically a guitar yo
Whats goes around must come down
You could blow the valveking speakers or otherwise damage the amp. Guitar amp speakers arent voiced for those low frequencies.
(signature removed, please choose another)