Can someone explain why WoW is so amazing, I tried playing it for 7 minutes and couldn't do it. whats so great?
Whats goes around must come down
It's amazing because it grants you wizard powers. Play it for an extended period of time and members of the opposite sex will never so much as look at you again!
I have nothing important to say
Mabe 10 years ago but I have plenty of friends that picked this up within the last 3-5 years who play the dookie out of it, I thought mabe skyrim would have killed Wow but I guess not.
Runescape > WoW. Quests > Monster slashing.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I played it briefly about 2 years ago, pretty much that whole summer was WoW. It was a private server and I played PvP with everyone levelled and locked at 70. It was quite fun, I did enjoy playing it with my friends and I can seee why its so popular even today

you've got to give it more than 7 minutes though. I remember thinking the same thing, but after about half an hour of playing it really started making sense and I enjoyed it

I dont play anymore though, my friends stopped playing because of work and school, and I did too. I dont think I couldve played it for years or 24/7 like some people do, but I did really enjoy it while it lasted
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by Malchius
Skyrim and WOW are two different types of games.

Not really, skyrim is just wow minus any sort of social options.

Hell, even in wow the fetch quests are more fleshed out than skyrim's.
Quote by Malchius
Skyrim and WOW are two different types of games.

that is true but they're still RPG's?

and one has better graphics than the other I understand.
Quote by modus operandi
Not really, skyrim is just wow minus any sort of social options.

Hell, even in wow the fetch quests are more fleshed out than skyrim's.

So WoW is better than skyrim?
Quote by ichiefG13
So WoW is better than skyrim?

Dunno. I don't really like WoW, but vanilla skyrim is about as deep in terms of story and other content.
Quote by ichiefG13
that is true but they're still RPG's?

and one has better graphics than the other I understand.

mmorpg =/= rpg
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Dont you get gang banged by people who spend hundreds mabe thousands on upgrades or whatever? Kinda like that south park episode.
Quote by Bladez22
mmorpg =/= rpg

yeah, but skyrim is just as grindy as WoW and is mmo-like in every respect except the most relevant one, as in having other players.
Yeah, I only got around to playing about 7 minutes of it myself.

It's just not my cup of tea.
You don't need to grind in Skyrim to complete the main quest lines at all. You just level up as you play.

You can get to max level in WoW questing, try some of the Korean MMOs if you want to see actual grinding.
WOW is so popular because when your life has gone irrevocably down the toilet it's better to spend every waking hour pretending you're a crossdressing dwarf with a magic battleaxe than to face the horror of your pointless existence.
DISCLAIMER: There's a very good chance that i have no idea what i'm talking about.

Quote by CodeMonk
Your sig has never been more true.
And you are a piss poor troll.

Quote by phayzze
Can someone explain to me wtf this guy is on about

Hows that guild wars game I heard that was pretty dope.
Quote by SaintVitus
WOW is so popular because when your life has gone irrevocably down the toilet it's better to spend every waking hour pretending you're a crossdressing dwarf with a magic battleaxe than to face the horror of your pointless existence.

Hmmm I figured hardcore drugs would be the solution....
Quote by modus operandi
yeah, but skyrim is just as grindy as WoW and is mmo-like in every respect except the most relevant one, as in having other players.

not really... They are completly different style of Rpgs, just because you have to grind doesnt make them the same. They're noth open world so I'll give you that. But apart from you have to level up, there arent many similarities. imo anyway

Wow is very action based and competitive, its all about how well you level your character and how well you can acually play. A lot of it is pure skill

Skyrim isnt like that. its very laid back, and while there is levelling, it isnt competitive at all. Levelling in skyrim takes very little input from the player, its mostly just use a certain spell/weapon/thing and it'll level up, until you do enough to go up a level as a character and get one skill point, which dont do an awful lot

Quote by ichiefG13
Dont you get gang banged by people who spend hundreds mabe thousands on upgrades or whatever? Kinda like that south park episode.

I cant speak for the blizzard servers. but the private server I played on you did in arenas, which fvcking sucked and was the main reason we all stopped playing. The game is really good at balancing the teams in battlegrounds, so you'll have 2-3 really good players on each team, 2-3 average, 2-3 not so good. Most of the time anyway, of course you'll have one or two games that are unbalanced and horrible
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Quote by soundgarden1986
Do you think this is gamefaqs or something

Do you think this is sparta?
Quote by Malchius
Drugs would be cheaper than a online game.

Exactly my point!
So what im understanding from bladez22 is either have a group of friends to play with to enjoy it better.
Quote by ichiefG13
So what im understanding from bladez22 is either have a group of friends to play with to enjoy it better.

having friends playing it certainly helps, like it does with anything. it is pretty dated now, and you'd be better of playing League of Legends or a similar game as they're free, and pretty similar
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
When a game is labelled Massively Multiplayer doesn't it stand to reason you would enjoy it better with other people?
Quote by ichiefG13
Hmmm I figured hardcore drugs would be the solution....

You couldn't be more wrong, the only solution is to go LARPing while flying high on crystal meth.

DISCLAIMER: There's a very good chance that i have no idea what i'm talking about.

Quote by CodeMonk

Quote by phayzze

Quote by SaintVitus
You couldn't be more wrong, the only solution is to go LARPing while flying high on crystal meth.

that was hilarious that dude looked like immortal haha!
Quote by Malchius
When a game is labelled Massively Multiplayer doesn't it stand to reason you would enjoy it better with other people?

actaully no , Im sure theres plenty of people who perfer to go solo
siantvitus anymore of those amusing gifs?
how about you try playing it for more than 7 minutes
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I like the part where they make you buy the game and then charge you to play it.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
You guys should just play Nike Training on Xbox with me.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I've never played it because I don't want to pay but from what I hear it is very well set up compared to other MMORPGs...it's unbelievably easy to screw up an MMO if you don't have just the right market system, crafting system, quest system, economy, etc...
Quote by Neo Evil11

This. idgaf what anyone says, RS is still fun as hell

Quote by Xiaoxi
You guys should just play Nike Training on Xbox with me.

lol'd
Sail upon the open skies
Played Wow through level 20 or something.

Played Guild Wars 2 all the way to max level (80) and had much, much more fun that with WoW. Then I got bored and stopped playing. I thought it was a way better game in terms of exploration and adventure. I don't really like competitive gaming so I only played PvE and World Vs World which is absolutely fantastic. Plus you pay 60$ and that's it. No gay subscription fee like WoW...
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
Quote by ichiefG13
siantvitus anymore of those amusing gifs?

Quote by CodeMonk

Quote by phayzze

Quote by Neo Evil11

This. Although Destiny is going to be better than everything.