I've been looking to try and start a small "home studio", just so I can record all the new stuff I've been coming up with. I've been doing a lot of research, and I know I should get some kind of audio interface. But we've all had the problem of to many choices, right? I want something that won't clip often while recording, yet something in a price range of 100-300 dollars. I'm thinking pretty much all audio interfaces in this price range will have some sort of problem with clipping or else something else, but I'm a newbie, I need help. I was looking at Focusrite Scarlett and Avid Mbox, but they all seem to have some sort of problem. Does anyone have any good experiences with recording with a good interface?

Sorry if I posted in the wrong thread of if I'm to vague, but again, I'm new to UG, and new to recording. If anyone can help me out, thank you!
We have a whole sticky dedicated to recommendations for interfaces. As you've managed to find the Recordings forum, I'm not sure how you managed to miss it.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Sorry! I have no idea where to find stuff on this site But i'll see if I can find it
Seriously? You found the Recordings forum, but couldn't find the first thread in the list? You know, the one right at the top of the page?

As you're struggling to find it though, here's a link:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1541771

You need to read most of the first page, there's A LOT of information in that thread.
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by HockeyRobo
I've been looking to try and start a small "home studio", just so I can record all the new stuff I've been coming up with. I've been doing a lot of research, and I know I should get some kind of audio interface. But we've all had the problem of to many choices, right? I want something that won't clip often while recording, yet something in a price range of 100-300 dollars. I'm thinking pretty much all audio interfaces in this price range will have some sort of problem with clipping or else something else, but I'm a newbie, I need help. I was looking at Focusrite Scarlett and Avid Mbox, but they all seem to have some sort of problem. Does anyone have any good experiences with recording with a good interface?

Sorry if I posted in the wrong thread of if I'm to vague, but again, I'm new to UG, and new to recording. If anyone can help me out, thank you!

I have no idea about it.
Quote by Imran310
I have no idea about it.

Then why are you posting?
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud