Hey guys, recently saw a 1976 (confirmed via serial number) Ibanez pre-lawsuit LP. I did a bit of digging, and it appears to be a 2650CS. Any opinions on these guitars?

Link to 2650 picture from Ibanez magazine (bottom right): http://s93105080.onlinehome.us/Ibanez-Catalogs/catalog/1976-1/05.jpg

Honestly I love Ibanez guitars anyway, so something semi-historic like this is something I'll be picking up anyway.
LTD EC-1000 VB
Ibanez RG3EXFM1 (Dimarzio Mo' Joe in bridge, PAF Joe in neck, and Sperzels)
KFG Custom
Ibanez RG2550Z Galaxy White
Epiphone Thunderhorse Explorer

Marshall AVT 275
the set neck versions are really the ones that are worth getting excited about. 76 is kinda borderline on being a true "lawsuit" version. if the headstock isn't an exact copy of the Gibson then it really isn't. as mentioned some are really good and others are ok at best.
Quote by monwobobbo
the set neck versions are really the ones that are worth getting excited about. 76 is kinda borderline on being a true "lawsuit" version. if the headstock isn't an exact copy of the Gibson then it really isn't. as mentioned some are really good and others are ok at best.

The best ones are the top of the line set necks. The bolt-necks, not so much. There's really not much of a difference in vintage price between the Gibson headstock lookalikes and the changed ones. After all, the headstocks had already changed by the time Gibson's lawyers had begun waving their arms (though they didn't realize that) and the "lawsuit" never went to court; in essence, the settlement was, "Oh, you changed them last year? That's different. Nevermind."

My personal favorite among the old Ibanez LPs is the Custom Agent, a very ornate LP-alike with a really ornate pickguard, MOP inlay on the bottom of the body and an F5 Mandolin-style headstock. If you can find one of those in outstanding condition *with* the original pickguard and with the little "curl" on the headstock unbroken (notoriously weak) and with all the original fretboard inlays intact, you've got something.
Agreed with the other posts. The set neck Ibanezes are super rare too. It's always someone trying to offload their bolt on copy.

If you want a cheap LP, look at Orville. They were actually under Gibson's name, basically LPs made in Japan for cheaper.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X