Hey guys,
My brothers 18th birthday is coming up and I want to get him an electrical drum kit because he really likes playing on the drums every time we go to somewhere that has drums. I am a guitar player and have been playing for over 8 years but I know nothing about drums and such. I have a budget of up to 500 pounds and was hoping you guys could recommend kits that you think are best suited to the budget.

I want to get him an electrical kit because me mother doesn't want it to make to much noise so I though this would be best. Also, a small disclaimer, he isn't one of those people who don't know how to play at all, when we go to my uncles house (who has a drum kit) he plays songs like "All Nightmare Long" and "Afterlife" its just hes never actually owned a set so I don't want to get him something to ameturistic, so help is greatly needed.

Thanks for all the help you guys,
Keep Rockin !
£500 is literally nothing for an E-Kit. The only new E-drums that would get you would be something like the Roland HD-1 or HD-3 (which are by all accounts horrible).

However if you go used you'd probably be able to get something like a Roland TD-4 (which I have, and would recommend as a good kit for practice).

Basically, go used
Quote by Lordyboy
£500 is literally nothing for an E-Kit. The only new E-drums that would get you would be something like the Roland HD-1 or HD-3 (which are by all accounts horrible).

However if you go used you'd probably be able to get something like a Roland TD-4 (which I have, and would recommend as a good kit for practice).

Basically, go used

OK, thanks.
Gonna look up those TD-4's and see what they are all about.