Page 1 of 2
just came back from a long shift at work preparing for tomorrow. i work at a mall. tomorrow is black friday.

im gonna go commit suicide brb
pinga
To be honest I don't even really know what black friday is and why it's important

I don't think it happens in australia

All I remember is seeing news headlines like '5 people killed being trampled to death shopping at walmart on black friday'
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by WaterGod
Tomorrow is Thursday....

Quote by Amuro Jay
tomorrow is thursday wtf man

today is thursday get a real timezone
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by WaterGod
Tomorrow is Thursday....

same shit black friday lasts 2 days in america we dont have thanksgiving anymore
pinga
No sympathy from me OP. I've worked black friday 3 times in a mall. I don't know which is worse, working the midnight madness shift, or working a closing shift.
Quote by The Madcap
No sympathy from me OP. I've worked black friday 3 times in a mall. I don't know which is worse, working the midnight madness shift, or working a closing shift.

thisll be my 2nd black friday and im opening 6pm thanksgiving wooooo
pinga
Just because I can, I'm gonna rub it in. This is one of the worst years to ever work black friday. It's what I call a "console year". Two new gaming consoles, both only a few weeks old? If there is a hell, it surfaces on black fridays like this.
I feel you. Black friday isn't a thing here (except online) but every year we have a sale in June and July which is like a super long extended version of Black Friday for 2 months and it coincides with tourist season and my store is a tourist magnet for some inexplicable reason. You'd think the crowds would be spread out over the two months but somehow everyone is paranoid that the sale is ending the day they're there (because there are no fixed dates for the sale and every store has its own dates/promotions/etc, nothing's done in advance) which is GREAT for business but shit for anyone who doesn't want to deal with people fighting over stupid things.

My first day of work I saw two middle-aged Russian fighting over a pair of flip flops and I had no idea what to do because I didn't want them to fight with me. Seriously though???? You can buy the exact same things for a tenth of the price from LITERALLY EVERY OTHER STORE IN THIS COUNTRY BECAUSE EVERYONE WEARS FLIP FLOPS ALL THE TIME THEY ARE NOT A VALUABLE COMMODITY YOU IDIOTS, calming buying $80 rubber flip flops which are of much worse quality than $50 flip flops or even $5 flip flops is ridiculous on its own but fighting over them????? yuck
cat
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
To be honest I don't even really know what black friday is and why it's important

I don't think it happens in australia

All I remember is seeing news headlines like '5 people killed being trampled to death shopping at walmart on black friday'

It's the day after thanks giving in America biggest retail shopping day of the year
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
There's already a black history month. Why do they need a Black Friday, too?
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by guitarxo
My first day of work I saw two middle-aged Russian fighting over a pair of flip flops and I had no idea what to do because I didn't want them to fight with me. Seriously though???? You can buy the exact same things for a tenth of the price from LITERALLY EVERY OTHER STORE IN THIS COUNTRY BECAUSE EVERYONE WEARS FLIP FLOPS ALL THE TIME THEY ARE NOT A VALUABLE COMMODITY YOU IDIOTS, calming buying $80 rubber flip flops which are of much worse quality than $50 flip flops or even $5 flip flops is ridiculous on its own but fighting over them????? yuck

pictured this, gave me a good lol
Quote by Cb4rabid
same shit black friday lasts 2 days in america we dont have thanksgiving anymore

Black Friday starts on Wednesday these days, and as early as Sunday some places.

I actually hope that my place of employment is crowded when I am working on Friday.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by The Madcap

Let's see.

The Midnight madness shift:

You've eaten your thanksgiving dinner (hopefully). You deal with madness. When your shift is over it's like a sudden stop to the suffering.

The closing shift:

You're tired after your last break. You're now dealing with customers who are asking if "maybe you have something of (insert random item here) left in the back somewhere." They have you searching the back of house for that stupid shit. You lie to them because the RF gun says 0 in inventory. You clean up the store late at night. It's like a bomb went off.

I prefer the midnight madness shift. This is my 4th Black Friday. I'll be working from 4pm Thanksgiving until 8am Black Friday.
Quote by guitarxo
I feel you. Black friday isn't a thing here (except online) but every year we have a sale in June and July which is like a super long extended version of Black Friday for 2 months and it coincides with tourist season and my store is a tourist magnet for some inexplicable reason. You'd think the crowds would be spread out over the two months but somehow everyone is paranoid that the sale is ending the day they're there (because there are no fixed dates for the sale and every store has its own dates/promotions/etc, nothing's done in advance) which is GREAT for business but shit for anyone who doesn't want to deal with people fighting over stupid things.

Great Singapore Sale?
Missed it, I was in Holland. But, everything is ridiculously cheap in that season, especially for Singapore.
I own an Ibanez J-Custom

I am Guitarnoob_100. Say hey

PSN: Whiski_Guy
Xbox Live: Chris2194

Steam: Galiathslay
Quote by guitarnoob_100
Great Singapore Sale?
Missed it, I was in Holland. But, everything is ridiculously cheap in that season, especially for Singapore.

yup! I buy most of my stuff during that time and when I'm on vacation (because I can get stuff that I can't find here), but it's hell to work through.
cat
its ok you dont have to commit suicide, you're probably gonna die anyway
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
i just dont understand who the **** goes shopping at 6pm on THANKSGIVING. do people not have families or something? ffs i cant even have a thanksgiving dinner im pissed off **** people **** you leave me the **** alone
pinga
I've never had to work on black friday. And I've never went shopping on that day either. Now there's no point because you can get the same deals online, sometimes better with no tax. And most places have a week long sale anyway.
I'm glad I'm not in Baltimore, it's not uncommon for people to get trampled trying to rush into stores when they open. Only job I've worked on black friday was delivering food, and that was interesting, especially when I had to deliver like 1 pizza to a store inside the local mall.
I worked 2 black Fridays, one in the middle of the night, another closing. It can get a bit crazy but it's mostly just messy, that's for my experience only. I worked at Macy's but I was working for Coty Prestige so I wasn't manning a register, just handing out fragrance samples and getting customers the cologne or perfume they wanted. At JCPenney I did work a register for a bit but I was called to pick up and fold children's clothes in the aisles which was easier.
I've worked black Friday at Wal-Mart two years in a row. It was pretty terrible, to say the least. I have a new job at a pet store as the "fish expert." We're opening at 6AM (3 hours early), and have deep discounts on animals and supplies. Can't wait to see the line of people needing fish that early.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
I honestly just hope no one gets seriously injured this year. Some of those Wal-Mart videos from years past are seriously disheartening.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Fortunately only Amazon do a Black Friday thing here, which allows me to by all my family Xmas presents on the cheap.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Black Friday is the grossest display of consumer/material excess. Fuck it.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Thrill-house
I'm glad I'm not in Baltimore, it's not uncommon for people to get trampled trying to rush into stores when they open.

I'm glad when that happens. They all deserve it.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi

I disagree, SUV's are the grossest display of consumer/material excess.
Quote by Xiaoxi

I find it quite disturbing how everyone sits down at the table and gives thanks for everything in their lives. Then the next morning they rush out to take place in the most disgusting worship of material wealth and greed in the history of mankind.
Check out my band Disturbed
ASDA are having a Black Friday sale here. Gay as ****.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
ASDA are having a Black Friday sale here. Gay as ****.

I'm gonna trample a few people to buy myself some cheap ASDA Price baked beans and some George cheap blue jeans. #swag
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts

Food fights.
cat

touche

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by guitarxo
Food fights.

Food fights aren't actually a thing though, they're just on like Disney channel shows. Actually I think cooking shows and stuff on the food network produce a ridiculous amount of wasted food.
Food fights aren't actually a thing though, they're just on like Disney channel shows. Actually I think cooking shows and stuff on the food network produce a ridiculous amount of wasted food.

How do you know it's wasted??

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana

Nah I've seen a few food fights in real life.

But yeah that too. Or those eating contests where people throw up after.
cat
Page 1 of 2