ok another pedal to end the year in gear buying. scored an NOS Morley Power Wah. as many here know I'm a big fan of morley wahs so no big shock that I got another one.

what can I say Morley makes great wahs and the power wah is no exception. solid wah tones and built to last. the only big difference from the Classic I already own is the boost knob which makes the effect more pronounced. not true bypass but they claim the buffer in it is an improvement over true bypass. not noticeable tone suckage and it plays nice with my other pedals. can't recommend enough.
Attachments:
morley wah.jpg
Got the same one myself. Mine is older, it doesn't have the big "POWER WAH" graphics. Same otherwise though. Had it for years.
If yours starts to crackle and pop check the soldering of the jack to the board. If anything is going to fail that is it. I got mine cheap because it was faulty. 10 mins work and it's was as good as new. Just cracked solder on the jack pins.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I used to have one of those, wish I still did, always worked perfect. Mine had a different look though, silver and had the logo on a plate
Quote by Cathbard
Got the same one myself. Mine is older, it doesn't have the big "POWER WAH" graphics. Same otherwise though. Had it for years.
If yours starts to crackle and pop check the soldering of the jack to the board. If anything is going to fail that is it. I got mine cheap because it was faulty. 10 mins work and it's was as good as new. Just cracked solder on the jack pins.

thanx good info to have.
Sweet. So now you have 2 wah's?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Quote by R45VT
Sweet. So now you have 2 wah's?

yes. I have a ton of pedals I tend to accumulate them. sold a bunch last year but keep buying them when something strikes my fancy and I have the cash. my classic will reside on my "Hendrix" board which has fuzz and either a chorus or phaser on it as well. univibe someday but for now I have to make due. the power wah will go to my main board along with overdrive,delay and phaser
Last edited by monwobobbo at Nov 28, 2013,
Quote by Masquirina
This is hands down the #1 best holiday.

What do you play when you celebrate NWD?

any number of songs that use a wah. as mentioned Hendrix, perhaps some GnR or LZ. I like to explore pedals and see what I can get out of them. I use a wah in many of my own songs (see profile)
Morley makes a nice wah. I have the bad horsie 2 and it is a great wah, I doubt I'll go back to a Cry baby. The optical sensor is a feature I really like and no toe tapping to turn it on or off.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate