I recently purchased a Roland Cube 40GX. I use the amps effects/no effects pedals, and I use a channel switcher pedal. Now I would like to a loop pedal. However, the amp doesn't appear to have an FX loop. Short of buying a new amp with an FX loop, what are my options to make this work?
Quote by NakedInTheRain
what do you mean by loop pedal? do you mean one which plays back guitar you record into it, like the digitech jamman?

That is correct.
Just put it in front of the amp. Guitar > Looper > Amp. No big deal, might sound crappy if you use too much distortion but it will work just fine clean.
But I rely on the amp's effects and play mostly distorted. If I put the looper in front, then it would just loop clean.
Then buy a multi-effects and put it in front of the looper for your effects and distortion. Or get another amp. Or get a multi-effects with a looper function.

There's no magic solution here
Quote by Roc8995
Then buy a multi-effects and put it in front of the looper for your effects and distortion. Or get another amp. Or get a multi-effects with a looper function.

There's no magic solution here

Most amps made by Tech 21 have a seperate fx loop for fime based fx like digital delay and looping.

You could use your amp's headphone jack to plug it into the line in port on your computer's soundboard (using a 1/4 in to 1/8 in adapter) and then use a looping program and some speakers hooked to your computer... this would kind of destroy the point of having a combo amp and it would complicate your rig... You might be able to use an MIDI pedal to simplify this idea.
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
Last edited by Robbin'TheHood at Nov 28, 2013,
Pretty much any loop would solve this problem, doesn't have to be anything fancy.

The headphone output has already gone through the amp's modeling, so the effects and distortion issue still applies. If you were going that route, you'd probably just not use the amp at all.