I am trying to get an midi interface to plug my keyboard and my bass guitar into my computer. I was wondering if I would need to plug my bass through an amp head and then into the MIDI interface, or if simply straight into the interface would be enough?

Also any advice on a MIDI interface to buy would be much appreciated; got about US $100

Thanks for reading and for any advice.
MIDI isn't sound, it's data. Are you looking for an instrument to midi converter? There are a few that plug into your guitar or bass, but the results aren't that great.

Or are you looking for an interface you can plug a keyboard/microphone/guitar/etc into?
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Yeah, methinks that you don't know what MIDI actually is. If you record MIDI data off the keyboard into a sequencer then it fires sounds associated with that sequence. That can be vst/synth modules in the computer or back out to fire the keyboard but no sound is actually recorded on the computer per se with MIDI, just data.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
ok. how do i plug my guitar directly into my computer then is my question. I thought u plug it into a MIDI interface then into computer but i dont really know.

I'm trying to record music onto my computer using my bass guitar, a normal guitar, and a keyboard.
Last edited by Cubertt at Nov 29, 2013,