Page 1 of 2
Anyone else notice how huge these are getting? They are THE item to sell at Target and Walmart and Best Buy. Everyone is buying those headphones. Why can't I find any specs on them? And why do people spend $250-$300 on them? Anyone own a pair and like them? Is it just me or are sennheisers way better and way more affordable?
Over rated. You're paying for the logo.

Go Sennheiser or AKG.
RIP Tom Searle.
Good headphones, really overpriced, paying for the brand. You can get much better value for money.

And yeah, they're not nearly as popular as they used to be when they first came out.
I own an Ibanez J-Custom

I am Guitarnoob_100. Say hey

PSN: Whiski_Guy
Xbox Live: Chris2194

Steam: Galiathslay
Minoring in sound design, so they're useless for me. They're great for casual listening - especially rap/hip-hop, dubstep, and other bass-heavy music - but if you want a frequency response that's remotely even, they're not very good.

Now mastering I think they're a useful tool for. Obviously you do the actual adjusting and fine-tuning with of the master with a set of high-end, flat-response headphones and monitors, but when you're testing it in cars/stereos/MP3 players to make sure it sounds the same wherever you play it, it seems like it'd be good to test the tracks in a pair of Beats to be sure they sound good in something that popular. Otherwise though they're useless for everything but casual listening.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Nov 29, 2013,
Beats by Dre have been around for years. The cheap ones sound like shit. The expensive ones sound nice if you like having a huge bass sound (which I do actually).

But it's a brand. People buy them because they look cool. I do think they look cool, and I would love to own a pair of nice ones. But I'm just not the kind of guy who is willing to spend that kind of money on looking cool. There are cheaper headphones that still look pretty decently cool. I like that beats only have the cord on one side. Does anyone know if it detaches like my bose headphones do (don't judge me they were a gift)?
Listen. I'm sorry.
Quote by K'Nuckles
It's funny because most of the people here who have them don't realise that they're wearing counterfeit ones. I'd say about 95% of the ones you see here aren't real.

Even one's sold at major retail chains like walmart, target, best buy, etc? I mean, I could believe it if you bought them on ebay or at some small private electronics store or a pawn shop or something, but I think most people who have these headphones are purchasing them from the bigger retailers, and if those places were selling counterfeit products it would be kind of a huge deal...
Listen. I'm sorry.
Dr dre's beats are clothing not headphones thier sound quality is shit, muddy bass, if you want some proper headphones bose are for you
This just in - well marketed product, endorsed by many major celebrities, becomes popular and sells well.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
i always kind of felt like they were nothing more than a fashion statement, but didn't want to judge people or have to defend myself from them.

that being said, i would probably never use them
Quote by troydewinter
Marshall headphones y'all.

+1
Gear:
ibanez ic 400
fender metalhead half stack
jackson sl3 soloist
they're alright but i wouldn't want them too often and they usually stain your lips
Dre lets headphones to be made
Use basic Equalizer to set the bass higher
People not aware most Eq's can do this if the headphones allow it, which a lot of them do at half the cost
People buy.
Lol

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Nov 29, 2013,
I was in hmv yesterday and tried a £369 pair of beats and the £169 sennheisers sounded much better. For rock anyway. Could hear each instrument clearly and it's position in the mix.
With the beats it all kind of mashed together.

Beats are great for hip hop though
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Marshall JCM900 100WATT HEAD
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Tanglewood exotic electro acoustic
Westfield Bass
It's funny that Beats are for bass, yet they drop off at 20hz, while loads of headphones go to 10 or even 5hz.

Peole moan about apple being pricey because of the hardware on windows pc's being just as powerfull for less money.

At least apple spends time making audio hardware and software work optimal with each other, as does it optimize audio within the computer itself.

Yet when something is more expensive, but has LOWER hardware specs suddenly it doesn't matter.

Yeah you can stop trolling now guys.

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Nov 29, 2013,
Quote by Thrashtastic15
oh man have you ever considered stand up

I have actually. Nice of someone to notice
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I have actually. Nice of someone to notice

Try it, you might becomes famous.

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by xxdarrenxx
Dre lets headphones to be made
Use basic Equalizer to set the bass higher
People not aware most Eq's can do this if the headphones allow it, which a lot of them do at half the cost
People buy.
Lol

Step 6
Step 7
Profit.
They're cheap, pseudo-audiophile crap marketed to people who care more about other people noticing them than real quality.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
They're cheap, pseudo-audiophile crap marketed to people who care more about other people noticing them than real quality.

Nail on the head.
Spare a Cow
Eat a Vegan
This video should say all you need to know about beats:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et_PWifUd1w

For those who don't watch, the ONLY thing that the top end (£350) Beats are better at than the Audio-Technica ATH-M50s (£120) is that they are more durable due to being made from a much harder material.

The only reason anyone would buy those is because it gets shoved in their face all the time and they haven't actually tried any other headphones.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
m50, lol. nice soundstage bro.

What is that even supposed to mean?
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by xxdarrenxx
It's funny that Beats are for bass, yet they drop off at 20hz, while loads of headphones go to 10 or even 5hz.

Peole moan about apple being pricey because of the hardware on windows pc's being just as powerfull for less money.

At least apple spends time making audio hardware and software work optimal with each other, as does it optimize audio within the computer itself.

Yet when something is more expensive, but has LOWER hardware specs suddenly it doesn't matter.

Yeah you can stop trolling now guys.

They drop off at 20Hz because nobody can hear below 20Hz.... Anyway I'd never use them.
Page 1 of 2