Hi there!

Has anybody got any idea about the HSS Black Paisley Fender Strat in terms of quality - both build quality and sound quality? Or could you at least tell me which MIM Strat is it based on, so that I can at least go to a local store and check that MIM Strat? Because round here where I am there is no chance to try out the Black Paisley itself....

Thanx a lot in advance for your replies!
B.C. Rich, Cort, Engl, Engl, Engl, Epiphone, Epiphone, Fender, Fender, Gallien-Krueger, Gallien-Krueger, Ibanez, Ibanez, Ibanez, KRK, KRK, KRK, Laney, Line6, Michael Kelly, Schecter, VHT, Yamaha....
I'm pretty sure it is just a standard strat with the paisley paint job.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
I'm pretty sure it is just a standard strat with the paisley paint job.

Bingo.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
They're alright. Cool paint job, but the same as any other MiM Strat off the wall just as said before. The fact that they don't charge you any more for it is pretty rad, though. I'd buy it over another Standard just for the great resale value.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
They're alright. Cool paint job, but the same as any other MiM Strat off the wall just as said before. The fact that they don't charge you any more for it is pretty rad, though. I'd buy it over another Standard just for the great resale value.

Great resale value? Because of the original paintjob? Or is that Paisley Strat some kind of a limited series?
B.C. Rich, Cort, Engl, Engl, Engl, Epiphone, Epiphone, Fender, Fender, Gallien-Krueger, Gallien-Krueger, Ibanez, Ibanez, Ibanez, KRK, KRK, KRK, Laney, Line6, Michael Kelly, Schecter, VHT, Yamaha....
Quote by Airfish
Great resale value? Because of the original paintjob? Or is that Paisley Strat some kind of a limited series?

it's not necessarily a "limited" in a strict sense however there aren't a ton of them out there as I'm sure it's a little more expensive for them to make. certain colors are made in lesser quantities and then are more desirable down the road. as mentioned probably no better than any other MIM strat however that isn't a bad thing. MIM strats are well made and sound decent. could they be better well of course but a silid value for the money.
Quote by Airfish

well MIM strats get $300-$350 used on a great day, so no the resale is crap
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
well MIM strats get $300-$350 used on a great day, so no the resale is crap

$300 from $500 new? Retaining 60% of value off the showroom is better than almost any market I know of used.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
$300 from $500 new? Retaining 60% of value off the showroom is better than almost any market I know of used.

good point. if you look at what a used US strat goes for you'll see that percentage wise it's only about 10-15% better. overall fender holds value reasonably well in the current guitar market.