Hello again everyone.....I had such great advice last year when I bought my son an electric guitar so I'm back. I bought him an Epiphone Dot second hand (in mint condition ) and the man selling it gave me an Leer amp to be getting on with. Well that amp finally blew last night after a particularly enthusiastic solo. It's my son's 12th birthday on Saturday and I'd like to buy him an amp in the region of £100 - £130. What should I go for? He plays lead guitar in a jazz ensemble now as well as liking lots of music from Chuck Berry to Clapton to Stones, Nirvana, Hendrix, Green Day, Killers, Smiths, Cream, Franz Ferdinand...you name it. Help...I know nothing about amps!
I'd recommend going for a used valveking, but that's just me.

A moddler might be good here though such as the Vox VT and the Fender Mustang, but I have no idea how much they go for.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Sounds like your kid's on the right track! Good to hear. I'm not sure how much they are used, but I would recommend a Vox AC4.
with a 150GBP budget, I would deff look used. Fender Mustang II should be just fine for him, 40 watts and a 12" speaker so it will sound better. They run 200 quid new so used they are in your budget
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by ginger ninja102
if your looking cheap reliable go for a solid state amp. tube amps are expensive.

Tube amps are plenty reliable
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Glad to hear your son has really taken to the instrument and has a parent to help him along the way!

Personally, I recommend you look into one of the modelling amp options out there. The Peavey Vypyr, Fender Mustang, and the Line 6 Spider Valve (not the standard Spider series) lines are all worth a look. In my opinion, your son will benefit from the number of amp and effects models provided in a modelling amp and will be able to get a feel for the uses of each individual amp and effect modeled in the amplifier, which will be very helpful as he progresses and eventually upgrades to a better amp and starts building a pedalboard. Plus, as your son is only 12, his musical tastes are likely to change as he gets older so having an amp that will provide him with a variety of tonal and effects options will be a great tool as he continues to learn the instrument.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Peavey Vypyr 15W, cheap and versatile.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by Robbgnarly
Tube amps are plenty reliable

Im just going off general consensus. And if a twelve year old is gonna beat it up abit saves money on tubes
Probably a modeling amp, it will emulate a bunch of more expensive amps and help him decide what he wants to move up to in the future if he keeps at it for a few more years. Plus they'll have a bunch of effects so there's a lot of sounds in one place.

The Peavey Vypyr VIP 1, Fender Mustang series, Vox AD series, and the Roland Cube would be my picks in this category. Stay away from the Line 6 Spiders in this price range.