Hey guys!

I have a question regarding maintenance of a maple fretboard/neck.
I just bought a new guitar, a Fender Deluxe Player Stratocaster, and it's my first guitar that has a maple fretboard/neck. All my other guitars i have/had in the past have been mahogany and rosewood.

Now i don't know if this is true or not, but i've heard rumors of it so i'm going to ask just in case. On my rosewood guitars i've always cleaned them with Planet Waves "Hydrate" Fingerboard conditioner, before putting new strings on. I've heard some of these cleaning conditioners can be harmful for maple fretboards/necks and i just wanted to double check if that's true. The last thing i want to do is ruining a new guitar neck. It says nothing about it on the conditionerbottle.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards
Sickz
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."
Just a wipe with a damp cloth should do fine on finished/sealed maple.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pearl & Ebony • Les Paul PlusTop Pro Honeyburst • AJ220VS • Squier Standard Stratocaster CAR
Marshall Class 5 Combo • Digitech HT-2 • Vox V847 • MXR M68 Uni-Vibe • Soul Food • BOSS SD-1 • Digitech RV-7
You clean maple fretboards the same you do the rest of the guitar. It's a finished fretboard, unlike rosewood and ebony which are left open grain. They won't need hydrating over time so you can just use your regular cleaner/cloth that you'd use on the rest of the guitar.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Thanks for the response guys!
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."