I was thinking of buying myself a new electric guitar since the only one I have is a Squier Strat (it plays well, don't get me wrong, but I have wanted something that is a full-on Fender and not a Squier). I really have been eyeing the Jazzmaster for a while, but the Telecaster also looks like a good guitar. I have never played either model so I might go to guitar center and try them out. I am probably more comfortable as a rhythm guitarist (though I practice/play lead too, of course), and I have heard that these are good rhythm guitars.

Which one would you recommend? Is one easier to play than the other? Or would you recommend another Fender brand? The Mustang looks good as well.
It's clear you're looking to upgrade your guitar.

First, what is your budget? New only, or willing to go used? And where do you live (it affects availability)? What kind of stuff do you want to play?

Also, Is there something specific about your Squier that you don't like that you think will be different on a Fender? Depending on what your issues are, it may be time to consider different brands entirely.

After you can answer all of that, you'll get more and better quality responses.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by leila.campbell.
...my neighbor's sister makes $87 hourly on the laptop. She has been fired from work for five months but last month her check was $20633 just working on the laptop for a few hours. use this link.....

*Reported*
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
I have a telecaster and love it, sounds great and feels great albeit not like a Strat. The Jazzmaster has a very similar neck to strats, I think it's actually the same shape/profile.

You can't go wrong with either guitar though.