I guess you'd consider this a technique. Regardless: When stretching the strings on a Floyd rose, should I stretch one string continuously until it no longer detunes, then move on to the next string? Or should I stretch each one a little bit at a time?
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Stretching out new strings on a Floyd is no different to doing it on a hardtail.

Moved to EG
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
IF it's a floating Floyd I always stretch them all at once. Just keep the nut unlocked then gently pull up on the bar till you feel the strings getting nice and tight then release. Do that several times and keep tuning up the strings till they stay in tune and then lock the nut.

If it's non floating I just tune the strings up and keep the nut unlocked and do bends an strum chords and tinker around till it falls out of tune. Then I just tune back up and keep doing that over and over till it all levels out then I lock the nut down. The slower and gentler you stretch the strings the better IMO.
Last edited by Way Cool JR. at Nov 30, 2013,
Quote by Way Cool JR.
IF it's a floating Floyd I always stretch them all at once. Just keep the nut unlocked then gently pull up on the bar till you feel the strings getting nice and tight then release. Do that several times and keep tuning up the strings till they stay in tune and then lock the nut.

If it's non floating I just tune the strings up and keep the nut unlocked and do bends an strum chords and tinker around till it falls out of tune. Then I just tune back up and keep doing that over and over till it all levels out then I lock the nut down. The slower and gentler you stretch the strings the better IMO.

So I've got a top-mount. The way I've been doing it (when I need to fully tune when I run out of space to turn the fine tuners) is unclamp the nut, tune (from low E to high e), then stretch one string at a time, re-clamp the nut, retune, re-stretch. The problem is that when I go one at a time it doesn't stay in tune. Also, my locking nut causes my stings to go sharp since it's behind the nut as opposed to a regular Floyd shelf.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Last edited by Maidenheadsteve at Nov 30, 2013,