I like using some sort of Overdrive through an ALREADY DIRTY (maiden/priest levels of gain) amp for solos, I guess for a little more sustain and flow for legato stuff. So on the HD500 and M13, would the overdrives (either the Tube screamer or tube driver versions) be good enough for this? I'm not looking for any specific tone; I just like that they have 3 band EQ and will add the dirt I need (I intend to do the general low gain/high lever settings).
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Probably not. I have yet to use a multi-fx with an OD that was any good, and the M13 is no exception. Using the EQ/boost features on it would probably work well, though.
There are plenty of cheap tubescreamer clones out there, though, so I wouldn't let that use dictate whether or not you get the M13. The rest of the effects are quite good.
The foundation of the distortion already comes from the amp; it's just the slight addition of gain and tone from the M13. Even at that small (but necessary) change, would it still be better to get a separate tube screamer? If so, I'll probably get that, along with an m9 and throw it in the fx loop; the only reason I'd get the M13 is for the 4 hook up method so I can sell my current EQ, along with the stuff I'd sell regardless of what I get.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Last edited by Maidenheadsteve at Nov 29, 2013,
I have an M9, and everything about it is superb, except the drives. But I already knew that going in. They sound the same as the shitty Line 6 dirt in the Spiders.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
All righty, I'll probably go for an M9 in the FX loop then. Thanks on that, but I've one more question: I know the M9's got up to 3 fX at once. Now, is that all on one switch (like, 3 fx on unit 1, switch A)? Or spread out across 3 switches (one fx per switch)? Also, how many switches can I have on at once?
Last edited by Maidenheadsteve at Nov 29, 2013,
It's like having 3 stompboxes next to each other.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
It's like having 3 stompboxes next to each other.

So 1 fx per switch, 3 switches at one time?
Quote by Maidenheadsteve
So 1 fx per switch, 3 switches at one time?

Yup, and turning on an effect in the same column turns off the other. If you look at a picture, they're labeled by column (1 2 3) and then by top and bottom (A and B). So if you have effect 1B turned on, and you stomp on 1A, it will engage the effect assigned to 1A and turn off the effect assigned to 1B. This sounds complicated but honestly play around with one for 5 minutes, they're stupid easy to use.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo