Hey guys so i have been playing on an old Jackson for a very long time now and im really started to get more advanced in my playing and i was just wondering what you guys think would be a better choice in a new guitar the Schecter Hellraiser c-1 FR or the syn gates custom-s. I play and listen to everything Avenged sevenfold (my favorite band), Metallica, bullet for my valentine, iron maiden, guns and roses just to name a few. what do you guys think i should get and if there are any other guitars (Floyd rose preferred) then id love to know about those also. Thanks!

(lets not waste time and hate on Avenged Sevenfold or Synyster gates )
I would advise that you get the Hellraiser, as one day you may grow out of Avenged Sevenfold and dislike the synyster gates signature. I used to be the biggest Slayer fanboy in my early teens as I was getting to grips with the guitar, but they're just another band to me now. The same may happen to you, just saying.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
I also think the hellraiser as well.I picked up one from craigslist three weeks ago for 200$,and as dirty as it is,it still plays better than my esp ec-1000...Definately recommend the hellraiser
Guitars:
Esp Ec-1000 VB with Emg 81/60
Esp ec-1000 Snow White with SD Jb/Jazz
Esp ltd f-50
Amp:
Randall rd-20h
Randall rd112-v30
Pedals:
Digitech rp-1000
Yeah when i first say the syn custom i couldn't take my eyes off of it and i still really want it not but i am afraid that i was just grow out of avenged as a grow with my guitar journey and the hell raiser really does seam like a versatile and well rounded guitar.
Quote by Lavatain
I would advise that you get the Hellraiser, as one day you may grow out of Avenged Sevenfold and dislike the synyster gates signature. I used to be the biggest Slayer fanboy in my early teens as I was getting to grips with the guitar, but they're just another band to me now. The same may happen to you, just saying.

Everyone is different, I've been a fan of Slayer since the mid 80's and still a big fan today. Get which guitar you think plays the best to you.

If you want other suggestions on guitars read the Sticky on budget and preferences and list them here.
Last edited by Blackfire. at Nov 29, 2013,
Yeah well i really love the way they both feel and sound but i really do think that i should get a guitar that will stick with me and my taste in music and im only 15 so the hell raise is good idea because its cheaper too
Well thanks for all the help guys! I just have 1 more question How long does it take to change tune with the Floyd like from drop d to e and maybe to C#?
Quote by Enemy98
Well thanks for all the help guys! I just have 1 more question How long does it take to change tune with the Floyd like from drop d to e and maybe to C#?

If you want to change tunings often and only have one guitar a Floyd Rose isn't the right choice.

You will have to re-adjust the guitar every time and also use different gauge strings for the tunings.
Last edited by Blackfire. at Nov 29, 2013,
Get old C1 Hellraiser (with mahogany neck,"new" C1 Hellraiser has maple neck),and with tailpiece.
I would like to point out that Schecter makes other Avenger-bodied instruments if you like the body style but don't want all the A7X bling. But, C-1s are excellent and you won't be disappointed either way.

When it comes to Floyds, IMO pick one tuning and stick to it. My only FR guitar stays in drop D and I keep the others in standard or drop C. It's just too much trouble to change tunings on a regular basis if you want to maintain how well it plays.
You're also looking at Invader/Sustainiac (Syn) vs. 81/85 (Hellraiser). I'd probably go with the Hellraiser, but if you think you're going to be playing with tunings, stay away from the Floyd. It would save you $100 to skip the Floyd too.
Quote by Blackfire.
If you want to change tunings often and only have one guitar a Floyd Rose isn't the right choice.

You will have to re-adjust the guitar every time and also use different gauge strings for the tunings.

Quote by Not a Les Paul
I would like to point out that Schecter makes other Avenger-bodied instruments if you like the body style but don't want all the A7X bling. But, C-1s are excellent and you won't be disappointed either way.

When it comes to Floyds, IMO pick one tuning and stick to it. My only FR guitar stays in drop D and I keep the others in standard or drop C. It's just too much trouble to change tunings on a regular basis if you want to maintain how well it plays.

+311 to both of these.

If you really need a trem, and you can't afford multiple guitars, look at something like the PRS SE Custom 24 instead. It has a non-locking tremolo that has pretty good tuning stability.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X