So i'm still really slow at alternate picking....I've read a bunch of articles and listened to a lot of instructors and people to just practice alternate picking slow. So much were you wanna kill yourself then go through these alternate picking licks once more.

I've been doing this for a long time now. And I just don't see any progress. I've practice 16th note triplets at 50bpm, and have never really broken out of the 68bpm range because I can feel it start to get just the slightest bit sloppy at that tempo. This has been going on for a while now. When will I see progress. I practice alternate picking for about 4 hours a day alone. What more does it take?

I pick from the wrist strictly, don't know if that makes a difference.
I personally haven't set myself down for such a long time just to practice a certain technique (songs yes, but not technique). It kind of sounds like you're getting burned out from doing this.

Why not just take a step back and learn some songs here and there while you're doing it? It'll distract you from how long it takes to improve your picking (which is a life-long thing, I'd say).

On to your question: There's really no answer to that. It'll take one person a short time, but the next person may take a long time.
Yeah, you've got a nasty case of tunnel vision there and you've lost sight of the big picture.

You're getting bogged down in practice for practice's sake - start playing some songs and tailor your practice accordingly. At the moment you're chasing the metronome for no particular reason.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com