Hey guys i am thinking about picking up a new guitar. I have pretty much narrowed it down to a few. the first being the Schecter hell raiser c-1.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Guitar-Research-Hellraiser-C-1-Electric-Guitar-103135695-i1446249.gc

And the other behing the Schecter C-1 Custom

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Guitar-Research-C-1-Custom-Electric-Guitar-584530-i1503889.gc

I really cant decide what one i want. I was also looking into getting the floyd rose version of one of them. I just have a few questions before i choose.

1) Is the Floyd rose really a big pain in the ass? i am patient and in no big rush really and i don't play live so that's not a factor.

2) i play Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, SOAD, RATM and G&R just to list a few so that would mean i use standard and drop d a lot so would tuning the Floyd down only 1 string be a big deal?

3) the hell raiser is has EMG active pickups and the custom has SD what do you guys think would give me a better tone for the music i listed above.

4) and the last think i need to know. is the Floyd rose worth it if money isn't the issue. is it worth the extra time to tune it and all. I know Synyster gates does a lot of stuff with the whammy and dive bombs and stuff but i don't know about it

Thanks for your help and if you guys have any suggestions with other guitars or anything feel free to add that.
1-2) i dont use a floyd so i dont really know, but i prefer a tune o matic bridge because i think he better for alternate tunings .

3) I am using a schecter with emg's it has a great distortion sound for all the metal styles (ratm, metallica,pantera ) And jn my opinion she also great for gnr, maybe i will prefer more fatter neck pickup.

4) as i said i dont use floyd so...
Schecters are cool. Have you already played one / held it in your hands? Personally, I like their generall shape and sound, but they are somehow too heavy. Make sure you can cope with that.

Quote by Enemy98

1) Is the Floyd rose really a big pain in the ass? i am patient and in no big rush really and i don't play live so that's not a factor.

It isn't, if you get used to it. Tuning takes a little more time, especially after puting on fresh strings. But I can easily cope with it.

Quote by Enemy98
2) i play Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, SOAD, RATM and G&R just to list a few so that would mean i use standard and drop d a lot so would tuning the Floyd down only 1 string be a big deal?

More or less. You can per se easily tune a string down, but you would also have to adjust the other strings, cause you have a floating bridge. If the string tension of the low E string decreases, you have to increase the string tension on the other 5 strings in order to keep them in tune. It takes it's times, which is why I virtually never change tuning and stay with standard E. Quid pro Quo. You can't have all the advantages of FR without any disadvantages.

Quote by Enemy98
3) the hell raiser is has EMG active pickups and the custom has SD what do you guys think would give me a better tone for the music i listed above.

Personally, I'd take the active EMGs. In my experience EMGs deliver a more punchy, aggressive sound, which I believe you are looking for. Are you mostly playing leads or rhythm? I prefer SD for leads but would always take EMGs for rhytm.

Also, don't pick a guitar on the basis of the pickups it has. Pick the one that feels good in your hands and looks good to your eyes. You can always swap the pickups afterwards.

Quote by Enemy98
4) and the last think i need to know. is the Floyd rose worth it if money isn't the issue. is it worth the extra time to tune it and all. I know Synyster gates does a lot of stuff with the whammy and dive bombs and stuff but i don't know about it

YOU have to decide that. Just answer yourself these questions: Do the bands you like make frequent use of the whammy bar? Is it really necessary for your style? If you end up using it once or twice a month it might not be worth the effort.

Cheers!
Ibanez S570DXQM-BBB
DiMarzio Evolution HSH
Ibanez RG927WBBZ-TGF
DiMarzio Evolution 7 & DiMarzio LiquiFire 7
Peavey Valve King 112, Peavey Vypyr 15
Harley Benton NG-100, Ibanez Weeping Demon

Quote by metalmingee
In fact, wanting different tunings is one of the best reasons to convince others that you need more guitars.