Hello friends,
These are the basic C minor, G minor, B minor and F minor chords. That I found on http://www.jamplay.com/

As they are not open position chords. I'm having some problem in barring the fret. I have some doubts regarding these chords.

C Minor Chord: Do we have to curl the index finger on the third fret. So that we touch only strings 5 and 1 with index finger. Or we have to barre the complete third fret with the index finger touching all the string from 5 to 1.

G Minor Chord: Do we have to curl the index finger on the third fret. So that we touch only strings 6, 3, 2, 1 with index finger. It's really hard to do this. Or we have to barre the complete third fret with the index finger touching all the string from 6 to 1.

B Minor Chord: Same doubt as above.

F Minor Chord: Same doubt as above.
Last edited by 22990atinesh at Apr 2, 2014,
It is called a BARRE chord for a reason... The reason being you are using your index finger to hold down all 6 strings... (Similar to what a capo does) Then your other fingers will be holding down the other notes to form the chord....

Remember also that even though you are holding down all 6 strings with your index finger the other fingers holding notes down in front of what the index finger is what really is producing the sound.... So even though you are lets say barring at the 3rd fret with your index finger if their is a finger holding down a note in Front of that barre on the 5th fret that is the note that is sounded isn't it?...makes sense now....?
Last edited by DON CZARSKI at Nov 30, 2013,
Your index finger barres across all 5 or 6 strings being played. This wont affect the sound of the strings that are being additionally fretted by other fingers. In fact those illustrations added those arches to show you that the index finger will touch all strings even though it only really plays some of them.