Hi there fellas, I feel like stuck after few years playing and studying, specially on impro and soloing, I would like to share a couple of home videos I recorded last year, Im playing a lot better now but these videos are good to see clear my mistakes and stuff, I would like to play more musical, less licky but not real raw jazz, like Larry Carlton live, and I dunno what to study or where to start, I feel like I need to start over thinking about what direction to follow, Im pretty sure u guys have some nice ideas, concepts and advice for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyJElo8R6eM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpH9IghCmFc

Speak soon, cheers.
Only made it a little bit into the first video so far, but I liked that. I could listen to that and enjoy it a lot. I'm not a hardcore jazzer, though, more of a rocker
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
thanks Dve, I used to be a proper rocker LOL, now moving into more jazz/fusion rock style and stuck about what to study or how to improve...
No problem Listened to both vids, I liked them both.

Yeah occasionally I play slightly more sophisticated stuff along those lines too, but when I do I'm very much a rocker trying to play fusion (which is still mainly pretty much rock) and sound slightly more sophisticated, rather than a jazzer. I'm coming at the fusion from the rock/blues angle, not the jazz.

You already know more than I do about making it sound jazzy. All I can say is I liked it, and it sounded pretty fusion-y (if not outright jazzy) to my ears.

Only slight thing is, personally I'd prefer a bit more vibrato. Your feel was great (and I'm aware that vibrato is sorta frowned upon in jazz, dunno why so it may well have been intentional on your part not to vibrato), but rockier fusion sounds great (to my "rock" ears, anyway) with vibrato, if you ask me.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Nov 30, 2013,