Is this a good processor for rock and metal?? I use cort X1 guitar and line 6(spider IV) amp,and I do a lot of shows as well....
It's an OK toy for practicing with at home.

However....

You tried this thread a day or two ago (here). You were told then the best thing to do is buy a new amp. That hasn't changed and will always be the right answer when you're playing through one of the worst amps money can buy.

A crappy effects unit will not make your crappy amp sound good.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Last edited by GaryBillington at Nov 30, 2013,
Quote by GaryBillington
It's an OK toy for practicing with at home.

However....

You tried this thread a day or two ago (here). You were told then the best thing to do is buy a new amp. That hasn't changed and will always be the right answer when you're playing through one of the worst amps money can buy.

A crappy effects unit will not make your crappy amp sound good.

don't hold back tell us what you really feel. lol

ok i'll say this again in a more diplomatic way. your amp isn't well known for working well with pedals or definitely multi-fx units. this is a tried and true fact proven many times over the years. the amp is designed to use it's internal fx and just wasn't meant for what you suggest. sorry.
Quote by sumcty
Nicely said!!!!

sorry that you aren't getting the answer you want it's just that we don't want to give bad advice or have you waste your money. if you gig then you really arte better off asking about an affordable amp that will get you where you want to be. also be more specific in the tones you seek as what you said was way to general to give you a useful answer. folks are here to help (and gary is very knowledgeable just not a great diplomat lol)
Quote by monwobobbo
sorry that you aren't getting the answer you want it's just that we don't want to give bad advice or have you waste your money. if you gig then you really arte better off asking about an affordable amp that will get you where you want to be. also be more specific in the tones you seek as what you said was way to general to give you a useful answer. folks are here to help (and gary is very knowledgeable just not a great diplomat lol)

I was more diplomatic in his first thread!

Seriously though TS, a new amp is definitely the answer. I don't know if I've played the X1, but Cort generally make pretty good entry level guitars so that wasn't a bad investment, but if you're gigging you really need to get a better amp.

Much like the Zoom effects pedal you're considering, Spiders are nothing more than things to practice with at home while you're first learning. Now you've reached a point where you're playing in public and trying to perfect your tone, you've outgrown your amp. That effect pedal won't help.

Like I said before, tell us your budget, where you're from, the type of music you play etc and people will help you find a good amp that you can afford.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Last edited by GaryBillington at Nov 30, 2013,
Quote by GaryBillington
I was more diplomatic in his first thread!

Seriously though TS, a new amp is definitely the answer. I don't know if I've played the X1, but Cort generally make pretty good entry level guitars so that wasn't a bad investment, but if you're gigging you really need to get a better amp.

Much like the Zoom effects pedal you're considering, Spiders are nothing more than things to practice with at home while you're first learning. Now you've reached a point where you're playing in public and trying to perfect your tone, you've outgrown your amp. That effect pedal won't help.

Like I said before, tell us your budget, where you're from, the type of music you play etc and people will help you find a good amp that you can afford.

I know you were just having a little fun. solid advice and what needs to be said. sorry but many newer players just assume a pedal will fix everything and the sad truth is that in most cases it won't. you need a solid foundation to build on and that means amp. throwing a $1000 Klon in front of a crap amp won't magically give you the tone of the gods.
A G3 and headphones will give you good tone and useful features to practice with while saving for an amp. If you're in the US, a decent used amp can be had pretty cheaply if you know what to look for. Raise some cash and do a proper "what amp" thread, it'll give you a very good idea of what to look for.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20