I came across an add about an old Fender Twin Reverb (I think it's a silver face)

It's seling for $270, yes $270

Here is a picture:

Twin Reverb

I contacted the seller on facebook (there was no phone left..) And waiting for his response.

I asked if the tube sockets, the pots and the input jacks are ok. I didn't ask about the speakers.. At this price, if the speakers are broken, and everything else works it's great, right?
Last edited by BrainCrasher at Nov 30, 2013,
It's actually a pretty good deal if it's working.
And when it seems too good to be true...

Do you have any way of trying the thing?
Because if you don't, you're gonna wanna find yourself some warranty (paypal's a good one).
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
It's actually a pretty good deal if it's working.
And when it seems too good to be true...

Do you have any way of trying the thing?
Because if you don't, you're gonna wanna find yourself some warranty (paypal's a good one).

I'm probably taking it for a spin tomorrow It's local, hell.. it's 2 blocks away ))))

from the seller: Speakers changed - original were worn off, tubes also..

will check tomorrow for details, and I'll try to get inside of it
It's a good deal if it's not working... It can be repaired... if you're looking for an Amp outta the box that you can gig with tonight.. it looks a little rough for that... I'd suspect it's going to need some work..

Run the numbers and see what year it was produced..

I got a tech down here in GA that re-capped, re-tubed, and went through the whole amp on my 76 twin for 275.00, and that included replacing the Reverb Transformer...

Unless the speakers are shot, and the power won't come on.. I'd jump on it if you like the Fender Twin sound...

Just my opinion..
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
i think it's a silverface too.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
It's only $270 and you're going to wait a day before you check it out? Wow.

Remove V1 & V6. Put the 12AX7 from V1 into V6 and leave V1 empty. Try the vibrato channel.
inside
back inside2

All inputs work.
I heard some noise when it's on, like static or something from the tubes?

The first channel:
- sounds ok, eq works, all pots are good (little rusty)
- Channel volume full, master 2-3 (great sound, little drive? or maybe cos of old tubes?)

- Channel volume 1-2, master full (excellent headroom, no noise, crispy clean)

Bright switch works great, eq is very responsive.

Second channel
- sounds ok again. all pots working, some need some pushing to start turning (the amp wasnt turned on for years..)
- eq super responsive
- foot switch included (original)
- foot switch works great
- reverb sounds fantastic
- tremolo is good I guess..
- channel volume full, master 1-2 (feels like the channel tubes are worn off, too much drive, breaking, the lower strings sounds like a fuzz pedal is on..)
- channel volume 1-2 , master full (the f**k? i didn't know it would be so damn loud... It sounds fantastic!!! clean clean clean clean, and nothing else, no noise at all!)
- bright switch working great.

I need help finding the year of it, is it silver face, is it old/reissue?

Thank you very much!

I will be driving it home tomorrow, but I just need to hear some comments from other people...