hi there ...i am gonna buy my first electric guitar ..my budget is 280$ ...i play metal ,grunge ....my friend suggest me ibanez 121ex and esp m10 .
please help me to choose between these two or suggest any other which is better .
I agree with Sir Thompson.
You're buying the guitar for yourself, so the best thing is to go and try out a couple of guitars, don't think name brands, it's all about the feel and sound.
It's a personal thing, which ever one feels best for you.
Hope you find what you're looking for, also don't tell the sales person how much you're thinking of spending or he'll just recommend the most expensive one.
Feel and sound man, that's what you're out after.
Go and play as many as you can. You will walk out with a guitar you never thought of. Amaze your friends.
Does it matter really? I dont think your first guitar has to be something special. After a few months you'll need a much better guitar and its going to cost a lot more. In that time table you 'll probably change your mind about the music you want to make. If I were you I'd buy the ibanez with active pickups. However it's not really important like I said. Or buy a Stratocaster. It'll be useful in any kind anytime.
Quote by DevilAde
hi there ...i am gonna buy my first electric guitar ..my budget is 280$ ...i play metal ,grunge ....my friend suggest me ibanez 121ex and esp m10 .
please help me to choose between these two or suggest any other which is better .

It's your first guitar and you're on a budget.

Flip a coin.

Choose on color.

Have your girlfriend choose.

It doesn't matter.
well it is true about picking the one that feels right for you, but if you want to hear our preferences fr a first guitar and what I would buy, Ill just tell you what I like.

I would personally recommend you check out an Ibanez RG321/421 or whatever model rebrand Ibanez has released these days of the 321. My very first guitar was an rg321 and I am currently at my 4th guitar. No matter what guitar I buy I always return to the Ibanez. its very comfortable, and the pickups are some rather quiet high output pickups that are decent for any genre. and definitely the best option I can think of for learning. stays in tune. try it out if you can go to a shop.

any guitar in that range by Ibanez or LTD should stay in tune rather well. and for comforts sake and ease of use, Id recommend something strat or superstrat shaped.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1