Hi!

I'm looking for new bands simiral to Gojira, with the goal of playing their songs.
I'm especially looking for songs/bands in "D Standard tuning" or "Drop C tuning".

I'm a huge fan of Gojira, and now play about 20 of their songs. I find them incredibly fun to play, both the 'crazy as shit' songs, as their groovy, melodic, story-telling songs.

So help me out here, and post me some awesome bands in D standard/drop C!

Thanks!
Last edited by DragonBE at Nov 30, 2013,
Children of Bodom
Ibanez Art100 (DiMarzio Evo in bridge)
Epiphone Goldtop (SD Black Winters
6505+ Head
Avatar 2x12 (Eminence Gov/Swamp Thang)
I've played a few of their songs, but they don't have the passion that Gojira has in it's songs. I also get bored of the keyboards after a few songs.
Shadows Fall? Pretty much any metalcore band is in drop C, so if any of that is your taste...
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Darkest Hour, son. One of the only metalcore bands worth listening to. All the popular bands these days owe their success to these cats, who, along with LoG and Shadows Fall, are pretty much the progenitors of American death metal. Enjoy, bitch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0DGdHkkiPk
Exodus, Mastodon, Sepultura (Chaos A.D. and their newest albums), Bullet for My Valentine, Kreator, The Haunted (One Kill Wonder, rEVOLVEr) early In Flames, Black Label Society.
A few bands that either play in D standard or drop C regularly or have recorded some albums in those tunings.
Quote by FrauVfromPoB
All the popular bands these days owe their success to these cats, who, along with LoG and Shadows Fall, are pretty much the progenitors of American death metal. Enjoy, bitch.

What the hell are you talking about?
Quote by FrauVfromPoB
Darkest Hour, son. One of the only metalcore bands worth listening to. All the popular bands these days owe their success to these cats, who, along with LoG and Shadows Fall, are pretty much the progenitors of American death metal. Enjoy, bitch.

wat

Have you heard of literally pretty much any old school death metal band?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by FrauVfromPoB

Seriously? Wow...
Quote by oneblackened
wat

Have you heard of literally pretty much any old school death metal band?

This is going to be hilarious, please continue I'm all ears.
Quote by FrauVfromPoB

Mods, you have to leave this open at least until we get a few responses from this. I just can't even, what?!?
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by BL1NDSIDE-J
This is going to be hilarious, please continue I'm all ears.

Oh lordy, let's start this list, shall we?
-Death
-Suffocation
-Morbid Angel
-Possessed
-Cannibal Corpse
The list goes on.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
What I dont get is how you equate these bands to Shadows Fall and Lamb Of God. I also thought you would end up spouting some shit about Whitechapel or something like that.
Last edited by BL1NDSIDE-J at Dec 1, 2013,
You might enjoy Godflesh, which took some of that aesthetic and infused it with an industrial element.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by BL1NDSIDE-J
What I dont get is how you equate these bands to Shadows Fall and Lamb Of God. I also thought you would end up spouting some shit about Whitechapel or something like that.

Buddyyyyy. You asked the wrong guy and he posted that list because you quoted him asking the other guy.
Decapitated are kind of like Gojira... ish.

I don't know what tuning they use though.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by Morphogenesis26
Buddyyyyy. You asked the wrong guy and he posted that list because you quoted him asking the other guy.

Well im ****ing ******ed.....

I ruined it, would have been funny damnit.

Move along nothing to see here folks, maybe if the guy I quoted deleted his posts and I deleted mine it would still work?
Last edited by BL1NDSIDE-J at Dec 1, 2013,