I just bought a nice suede strap which is my first strap without a tri-glide adjustment. I have one small problem.

There are two holes in the thin end of the strap. The furthest one makes my guitar lower than I like even with the two parts attached so the whole thing is as short as possible. However, if I use the closer in strap, I can get it to the right height, but there's this awkward dangly bit for the next hole. I think it looks kinda weird. Is this normal and I should ignore it? Or should I try to cut and resew the leather? That last option sounds like a bad idea to me, since I don't know what I'm doing. Or should I try and return the new stap and use my canvas tri-glide one?
I know it's not a really serious problem, but I would appreciate any advice you have.
you normally can adjust the length of a leather strap by preset amounts (much like a belt). what strap is it?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
What kind of strap did you get? Most should have adjustment slits so you can weave the extra strap through them and make it shorter.

Worst case, wear it at the right height and give zero fcuks about the leftover strap. You may be able to cut the leftover, maybe sand the end, and then glue or resin the end so it doesnt fray.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
ah ok

this is probably insulting your intelligence, but you're shortening it the right way round? I know in the past I've tried to adjust straps and ended up facepalming at my idiocy

but yeah assuming if you've done it right, AWACs' "give zero ****s" advice is probably the way to go
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Show us a photo. When you select a new slit you can also alter which slit the end of the the small part lines up with when you've folded it over, adding to the total amount of lengths available.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification