Page 1 of 2
i just checked my music collection and i have roughly 300gb of music i only have a handful of CDs, and a relatively humble stack of vinyl records

this is a thread for everyone to brag about their music collection, whether it be physical copies or digital
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I don't know how to check how much gb of music I have. But I prolly have around 20 CDs and I think it's over 1,200 songs on the ipod
I only have around 20 gb but I have around quadruple that in Spotify songs

edit: what the hell spotify tells me I have 47 gigs of music locally. I might have to double check that.
Last edited by whywefight at Nov 30, 2013,
I own like 4 cds. But I listened to like 625 artists on Spotify in the past year
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
my laptop only has 150 albums on it but its very new. cant be bothered to check my desktop or count my cds/vinyls (a lot are still at my parents house as well).
5GB on my itunes I never listen to much music anymore and if I do then I YouTube it.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

pfft

amateurs
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
my laptop only has 150 albums on it but its very new. cant be bothered to check my desktop or count my cds/vinyls (a lot are still at my parents house as well).

You still owe me Zappa.
I have just over 75GB. I've listened to most of it, but there's only so many hours in the day.
7.99GB on iTunes on my current Mac, but this hasn't had much put on it since I got it in Feb. Old one had 20 or so on it.

To be honest, I probably have more in CD's alone but haven't bothered to copy them all across etc. and if I was to include Logic Pro projects/audio files it would be far higher, but we're talking about commercial released stereo mixes, right?
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
I have enough

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I have 140 GB's of music. So far I've listened about 20 GB's of it. It's going to take months to listen maybe. I'm trying to collect anything about music and guitar. Thanks to torrent.
I had around 100 GB but I listened to like 5 - 15% of it. The other was just if other people borrowed my iPod, my idea is that everyone could entertain themself with is for at least an hour.

But we can al say like "omg, I have xxx GB of music" but download if you like one song of an artist and download the whole discography, it holds no meaning.

Furthermore a teacher of mine has a collection of a little under 9000 vinyls/CD's/promo's and everything, so we all owe him a bow...
Quote by MaXiMuse
I had around 100 GB but I listened to like 5 - 15% of it. The other was just if other people borrowed my iPod, my idea is that everyone could entertain themself with is for at least an hour.

But we can al say like "omg, I have xxx GB of music" but download if you like one song of an artist and download the whole discography, it holds no meaning.

Furthermore a teacher of mine has a collection of a little under 9000 vinyls/CD's/promo's and everything, so we all owe him a bow...

I know what you mean, I use to have entire discographies on my old pc, till I started running out of room and had to start deleting shit. Now all I've got is stuff I listen to and stuff I intend to listen to, the stuff I don't like gets deleted.
Spread over a few hardies probably just over a hundred or so
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by Morphogenesis26
...Why on earth do you have 300 bloody gigabytes of music?

I have, like, 60.

a lot of it is in lossless format so theres that
Quote by korinaflyingv
43GB, but 13,000 songs.

I convert everything to HE-AAC .m4a files to save space. I have crappy hearing, so lower quality doesn't bother me.
Quote by Ssargentslayer
I don't know how you manage to call 300 GB a 'handful' of cd's

handful of physical CDs

most of the music i got saved on my pc was obtained in a far less legal fashion
Quote by korinaflyingv
I'm 20GB away from filling a 500GB hard drive and it's all 320kbps mp3
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Originally Posted by Tulkas
Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.
I'm right at 25 gigs on my PC not counting the stuff I've downloaded directly onto my iPod Touch and the CDs that I own that I haven't ripped to iTunes yet.

If you add all of that up, it would be around 30 gigs or so.

Edit: all those files ripped are done using whatever the standard iTunes bitrate is at. I'm sure if I ripped everything as a 320kb MP3 or lossless audio I'd easily double that 30 gigs. I have about 3,000 songs. (not counting the stuff I haven't ripped)
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Last edited by stonyman65 at Nov 30, 2013,
Quote by Burgery
handful of physical CDs

most of the music i got saved on my pc was obtained in a far less legal fashion

I can hold in my hand about 10 cds meaning each cd must contain 30 GB of music which is impossible!
I've got 5gb of tunes for DJing and then a bunch of other crap I sometimes listen to
Quote by stonyman65
I'm sure if I ripped everything as a 320kb MP3 [...] I'd easily double that 30 gigs.

lolnah
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Personally only like 15gigs on my itunes i mainly use spotify, I have a friends who is closing in on 400GB's of music now though.
I have 45gb in my iTunes, and about 25 vinyl in my relatively young collection.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
There's no way in hell you've listened to even close to all of that. What's the point?
I've gotten almost all of my music legally. I have bought probably 60-70 CDs (I know...waste of money...) and have uploaded probably hundreds of my friends...which I guess isn't all that legal, but whatever.
My iTunes has 84.03GB on it currently. 1.76GB of that music is my own
Page 1 of 2