I hate to be that guy, but what is the best tube amp under $400, less than 15 watts, for bedroom use? I want it for blues, classic rock mostly. I have a several overdrive pedals and I have a distortion for metal music. So mainly I would like the amp to be geared towards those genres. I play an AL-2000 and a Fender '60s Classic Series Strat if that helps. I was looking at the Vox Night Train, Vox AC4,or similar amps. I'd like a blues junior but I doubt I'm going to have $600 any time soon.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Look used.
A Peavey Classic 30 or a Laney VC would be my recommendation.
Don't limit yourself to <30w either. More wattage doesn't really mean more volume or better low volume tone. Every amp is different
[404]Signature not found
A Peavey Classic wouldn't be bad but my Deluxe Reverb's 22 watts is too much. I need something quieter.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
You wouldn't notice the difference between a 22w amp and 15w. That's like a tiny, unnoticable change in volume.
Tube amps are loud. That's just how it is.

Maybe a modelling amp like a Mustang?
Even a 5 watt tube amp would be too loud to play in your bedroom, too.

You could just turn the volume on your Fender down?
[404]Signature not found
Well I have a modeling amp and its just not the same. But I'm eyeing the AC4TV which can go 1/4 watt and the Marshall Class 5 which has a headphone jack. it doesn't need to be super quiet. I just can't crank the Deluxe Reverb without it almost being too loud for my Ears.
Quote by chip46
Get one of those little Vox amps.
------------------------------
Ibanez Artstar AS80
Yamaha CG151C
Yamaha YPG225
Yamaha FG720S
Peavey Special 212
Vox Cambridge 15
DR Pure Blues .010s, Dunlop Gel Heavys
I hear the AC4C1 is better than the TV. People say the lower wattage settings aren't great on the TV. The C1 has a gain control and EQ controls which offers more flexibility.
I'd either go for the Vox AC4 or the Marshall Class 5. Ibanez also has a 5 watt amp with a tube screamer built into the circuitry for $250 new.