I want to buy it, but i don´t know what im buying, if you know something about this LP by the serial number or model i wil appreciate it. Thanks.
(Sounds great - Tuners and pickups are not originals)

subirimagenes

WIll
First, Custom De Luxes doesn't exist. Second, Customs wouldn't come with Gibson Deluxe tuners (they're cheapos used on 700$ models). And it's worn at really weird places.
Guitars :
Gibson LP Traditional
Gibson SG Special (Pimped the hell out)
Music Man JP6
Fender Am. Special Tele
Guild DV-6
Amps :
Egnater Armageddon//Custom cabinets
Oh and the serial looks like crap, and it's not carved in wood.
Guitars :
Gibson LP Traditional
Gibson SG Special (Pimped the hell out)
Music Man JP6
Fender Am. Special Tele
Guild DV-6
Amps :
Egnater Armageddon//Custom cabinets
it's fake TS.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Quote by McShizzler
Idk i think it looks pretty sketchy to be a real gibson

I think it looks just sketchy enough to be a gibson.
imm say for fun that it's a gibson les paul classic with the trc and tuners changed.

relic'd by an amateur.

until we see cavity shots...

maybe even a 1996.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Nov 30, 2013,
common dude. what were they asking for that? it may be a nice guitar, but dont pay a "gibson" price for it.

probably just dont buy it. what kind of guitar has painted on serial numbers? does that make any sense?
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Quote by ikey_
common dude. what were they asking for that? it may be a nice guitar, but dont pay a "gibson" price for it.

probably just dont buy it. what kind of guitar has painted on serial numbers? does that make any sense?

A lot, actually
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
If you want real answers on this, run the pictures over to MLP. Get some better shots, though. They're going to want to see if there are nibs on that sucker, so get some tight shots of the ends of the frets. Get some straight on shots of the body (not shooting halfway down on it, so that the cutaway looks wonky).

Surprisingly, the serial number can be authentic, just like that. It's certainly nitrocellulose (crap paint that it is) around the headstock. The TRC is probably a replacement, as are the tuners. I can't tell you much more; I can't be arsed to get squinty on LPs the way some folks do.

Besides, I've got a theory that Gibson is secretly financing all the Chibsons to foster fear, uncertainty and doubt in the used market, so that it will drive people to buy NEW Gibsons. Gibson makes absolutely NO money off all the used sales going on; they only make money on new ones. If people are afraid to spend good money on a used one for fear of getting a fake, they'll just have to buy new <G>.
The only thing I see wrong with it is the truss rod cover. IGibson didn't make a Custom Deluxe, but that could easily have been added. Tuners aren't original, but people often change them. Serial number is a bit odd... it would indicate it was a '56 reissue, and Gibson didn't come out with humbuckers until '57, but I'm no expert on Gibson serial numbers. It has the correct bridge, headstock wings, binding, logo ... those are things that counterfeiters seldom get right. I can't tell from the pictures if it has the fret nibs or not. Everything else looks OK. I would contact Gibson about it.
Quote by stormin1155
I would contact Gibson about it.

Couldn't hurt... Do that ^
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
I think the MLP folks are just coming around to the thought that it might be an '86...
Quote by dspellman
I think the MLP folks are just coming around to the thought that it might be an '86...

did they make classics back then?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.