Hey guys so i have been saving up money for a while now and i think it is time to upgrade from my old jackson dinky and my little fender mustang i have. I have been looking at guitars for a while and i have my eyes on the schecter hell raiser c-1. I love playing heavy metal like metallica stuff like acdc and Guns & Roses and newer stuff like Avenged Sevenfold, RATM, Bullet for my valentine stuff like that. and for the amp i was looking at a peavey 6505+ 112. i would probably pick one up used on craigslist (unless there is a better place i can get them). My problem is i have heard that getting a clean out of the 6505 is pretty difficult. i mean i don't play clean that often like blues and stuff but i do play clean in some cases and its always nice to have it there. and on top of that getting a clean out of the EMG 81/89 on the hell raiser with the peavey might be a hassle. what do you guys think do you guys think it will be hard to get a solid clean out of that setup? that is what im trying to figure out. i have tried the guitar at GC but i have not tried the amp and im just not sure. What do you guys think? is there a better amp that i could get for a lower price maybe (i found a peavey for 300 bucks on craigslist some guy is selling near me). is there pedal that could help me out with cleans. I have never really had a nice amp with a lot of features and stuff so this is all pretty new to me but i have been playing guitar for a few years now. Thanks for all the help i really appreciate it.
Woah. Separate into paragraphs dude.

The Peavey does have pretty terrible cleans. A chorus and delay could probably help to make them a little more usable. Something you'll have to try and see what you can come up with. An EQ may even work.
It does have some of the best high gain tones around, however. Certainly the best for the money.

Personally, I don't think a Schecter is the best option. It's an alright guitar but they have never really felt right to me. Kinda cheap and plasticy. You might want to try an LTD MH-1000 instead. They're great guitars for what you pay. Will hold it's value much better than the Schecter, too. No one seems to want to touch seconhand Schecters.
[404]Signature not found
Hm seams like a lot of people like the schecter c-1 stuff. That is was i have heard at least. idk i have never played a LTD before and im not a fan of the floyd rose considering i change turning a good amount and dont have a bunch of guitars. (i only have 2)
I have to disagree with the Peavey cleans, I own a 6505+ combo and I think that the cleans are average, just like any other mid-range amp with a kickass lead channel. I'm in a band that pretty much utilizes only clean tone, and the Peavey works fine, both at practice and at gigs.
Quote by Enemy98
Hm seams like a lot of people like the schecter c-1 stuff. That is was i have heard at least. idk i have never played a LTD before and im not a fan of the floyd rose considering i change turning a good amount and dont have a bunch of guitars. (i only have 2)

I don't like schecters at all. They feel like a toy. Ltd are okay, buy used though. I would take Ltd over schecter.
As far as things go ESP make great guitars, they above your price range.

I personally like ibanez and Jackson more than the others, MIJ Jacksons an ibanez prestige models you can jump on a good deal that is what I would do.

I have OWNED at minimum of two of each. All i have now are the prestige ibbys. The others have been sold for something else.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
On guitars, there are many possibilities, but, please tell us what kind of specifications are you looking for in a guitar? Thay way we can better help you.

Regarding the amp, Laney Ironheart series have crushing distortion and a fare clean channel. Also the Black star HT series is a good choise. Both better than the Peavy IMO
Which Mustang do you have?
2014 Gibson SG Special
Peavey Classic 30
Squier Standard Stratocaster HSS
Fender CD60CE
Fender v2 Mustang III
Roland Micro Cube
MXR M75
I have a schecter and I love it to death. Nice weight to it, sounds and plays amaxing. action's a bit low to my liking because its annoying for harmonics but aside from that its great.
Quote by marianoarnaiz
On guitars, there are many possibilities, but, please tell us what kind of specifications are you looking for in a guitar?

Well I have not really had a lot of guitars but i do want a guitar that can play really heavy distortion like Metallica but still have it be able to rock some solid cleans like in some of the clean songs Metallica has like one and fade to black. I am not really playing blues or anything like that so it doesn't have to revolve around cleans its just nice to be able to have it there.

As for some general specs i do like 24 frets. mahogany or maple body and neck and maybe ebony or rosewood fret board.
could you get to a shop to try some out? that is the best thing to do.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/